Average calories burned...

Options
I was just wondering how many calories everyone tries to burn during their work out or if anyone has a goal for burning calories. I normally try to burn around 400 with my normal workouts and then one day a week burn around 600. What about everyone else? I'm wondering if I'm working myself too hard. Although, I always feel great after my work outs and the next day and have been following the same routine for about a month and a half now, so I don't really feel burnt out. Just curious...

Replies

• dawnmsimpson
    Options
    I was just wondering how many calories everyone tries to burn during their work out or if anyone has a goal for burning calories. I normally try to burn around 400 with my normal workouts and then one day a week burn around 600. What about everyone else? I'm wondering if I'm working myself too hard. Although, I always feel great after my work outs and the next day and have been following the same routine for about a month and a half now, so I don't really feel burnt out. Just curious...
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, 3 of those days I do cardio and strength training, the other 3 are cardio only.

On my cardio and training days I usually burn 650 - 800 calories. On 2 of the cardio only days I burn about 600 and the other one I really hit it hard since it's the weekend and I don't have to go back to work, so that day is around 900 - 1000.
  • bbbec45
    Options
    i think you are at a pretty good level....depending on the amount of food you eat...

i usually work off between 400-700 calories...today i did cardio kickboxing for 45 mins and then went on the eliptical and burned off 450 additional calories so today i definitely went over but as long as your having fun is the thing, perhaps try a different routine
  • KristieT
    Options
    How do I find out how many calories I am burning if its not on an exercise machine that tells me. Today I did a cardio class called Sto bo. It consist of a little kick boxing, abs, step aeorbics. Is there a website that give you an average of what you have burned?
  • magari14
    Options
    Kristie,
    You should ask the instructor. They usually know how much you burn in a class. At least they can give you an average. Internet estimates are not always reliable. I go to spin a few days a week and the instructors tell us we burn from 800-1000 calories a class, but the internet says something silly like 650....so...ask the person you're paying to give you a good work out. They should know.
  • KristieT
    Options
    Thanks I will have to do that.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Depends on the day and what I am doing that day. On an average.....400-600.

dd
  • bigmamafagin
    Options
    I bought a MIO watch, its like a heart rate monitor but without the chest strap. I put in all my personal information in and it gives me a readout of calories burned during my workout. I use The Firm series (cardio and weight training combined) and burn about 750-800 a workout. I got the watch from Wal-mart for about $40.
    The amount of calories you burn depends on fitness level and how much you weigh. It is my understanding that people who weigh more burn more calories, so don't be surprised that as you lose weight you might not burn as many.