Confused but very happy

Options
dms24
dms24 Posts: 28 Member
So I hear that muscle weighs more than fat. Is this why my weight has kind of stayed the same the last couple of weeks but I am down another pants size? I am weight training, have been since May, down from a size 14 to a size 10 in 2 1/2 months!! Amazing but my weight always seems to plateau. Any ideas?? Should I stop focusing on the scale and focus on how my clothes fit instead? I am trying to get within a healthy BMI range so that's why I was focusing on the weight part. Thanks!! Have a good night :yawn:

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    This is exactly my problem. I have been VERY bummed lately because the scale just doesn't budge. However, I can fit into clothes better all the time...so I give up on the scale again, and am going with clothing and how I look in the mirror...

Cindy
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    wow!! that is awesome, I think you most definitely should focus on how your clothes fit vs. the scale(this is coming from a scale-addict :laugh: )...I am a little embarrassed to ask this but here it goes...what exactly is "weight training" I mean obviously its weights but what is the regimen?? I need all the help I can get and it seems like you are really on the right track!!
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Track your weight & your measurements. Although I have consistently been losing weight, some weeks are more & some are. I've noticed that oftentimes when the scale doesn't move much, my measurements have changes. If your clothes fit looser despite weighing the same, the same could be true for you!
  • dms24
    Options
    I started Chalean Extreme on May 28 to be exact:) I was a cardio junkie but I was not losing any weight at all!! So of course I would get discouraged and go back to eating like crap and drinking alot of beer. I found the set of DVD's on Ebay brand new for $45. They are pretty pricey elsewhere. But basically it's a 90 day circuit training set. Each month you lift a little heavier but her main point is to lift to muscle failure within 1 set of reps. You want to lift heavy enough so that you can barely make it through the set. It's a phenomenal workout! 3 days strength training and the rest is cardio. And you change the DVD's every 30 days so your body doesn't plateau. :smile:
  • dms24
    Options
    my last post was for klyeefreeman :) Twilight1542- you said track my weight and measurements. How often? I am a scale addict as well but I had read somewhere that you should only measure yourself every couple of weeks. Plus I am a bloater:) If I eat the wrong thing I retain water so badly. It stinks :mad: Thank girls :wink:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My advice...THROW THE SCALE AWAY! Just sets you up for despair. Gauge your progress on your clothes fitting and how you feel.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost very much (see below ticker), and my tape measure isn't giving me great news either, but somehow...some way...my clothes are falling off me, to the point I finally went and bought a couple of new pairs of slacks for work (2 sizes smaller fit great!!). I figure as long as the fat is being replaced by muscle (I do strength training) and I am getting smaller, what I'm doing is working :flowerforyou:
  • dms24
    Options
    to Stormieweather - That's exactly what is happening with me!! I am down 15 pounds which is awesome but my inches lost are small! But almost 3 pants sizes down now and people have noticed that I am much leaner then I was. Just doesn't make sense but who cares right? As long as I feel good and I do!! Finally!! And congrats to you on your loss!! And the smoke free too:) I still have an occasional one when I have a drink. I know gross but 1 vice at a time right now :laugh:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    my last post was for klyeefreeman :) Twilight1542- you said track my weight and measurements. How often? I am a scale addict as well but I had read somewhere that you should only measure yourself every couple of weeks. Plus I am a bloater:) If I eat the wrong thing I retain water so badly. It stinks :mad: Thank girls :wink:

Personally, I weight in once a week--that is I update my weight once a week, but sometimes jump on the scale 2 or 3 times a week. I take measurements and full body pictures every 2 - 3 weeks so that there is a measurable difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!