Easy Peeeeezy

Options
bates
bates Posts: 122
This may not be a recipe of mine, and some may already make it, but meh I made it tonight and remembered how much I love turkey burgers!!!!

Ground Turkey formed to a patty of your preference (i chose around 6 ounces)
Cheese (i chose pepper jack)
Mushrooms (2 large)
Arnold's whole wheat thin buns (AWESOME WAY TO CHEAT THE CAL'S)

form the patty, remember to make it a little wider than you want it, as it will shrink.
cook on bbq or skillet (i did skillet)
after you flip it, throw the sliced mushrooms
finger poke for "done-ness"
throw the cheese on, cover and let melt
remove patti, throw the buns on, let cook for about a minute.

remove patty, plate it all throw the mushrooms on, ENJOY!!!!!

i calculated it all to have about 400 calories. check out my dinner for tonight (8/19/09), under Bill's Turkey Burger with pepper jack and mushrooms.

Not many calories and this was my entire dinner, it fills you up!!!

small amount of cals, and i threw on a thick slice of pepper jack because i LOOOOVE the PJ

again, not a hard recipe, or original but thought i would share since i've seen a lack of new recipes!!!

Replies

• robbiestarr
    robbiestarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!!! I know the family will love that as well... I will be trying this some time this week!

Thanks for sharing!!!

BTW... Where did you find the buns??? I have never heard of them.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!!! I know the family will love that as well... I will be trying this some time this week!

Thanks for sharing!!!

I have no idea, but my mom bought them tonight. She said saw them at Costco and always wanted to buy them, and since she knew we were having burgers tonight, opted for the thin buns. So I know that she saw them at Costco, but for tonight I do not know if she went to Costco for them.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing!!!

My wal-mart sells them and if you are around the St Louis area, Schnucks grocery store carries them too.
  • cooperdog24
    Options
    You can also try Oroweat's multi-grain sandwich thins. They are yummy with a burger and only 100 calories.