Need some motivation

BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was laidoff from work the end of June. I have maintained my weight loss. Going up 3 to 4 pounds water weight. It's hard being at home and trying not to snack and just being lazy. It seemed a lot easier when I was working to keep myself busy and motivated. Anyone have some tips?

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I work from home and the refrigerator is too close. So the night before I pack my lunch just as if I was going to the office. I eat my breakfast like normal, and then only eat out of that bag during the day including my snacks and drink lots of water, and then pick a certain time everyday that I will not enter my cabinets again for dinner (usually 5 with kids).

Sorry about the lay off. Great that you're maintaining though!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    So sorry to hear about you being laid-off. That stinks! :grumble: I hope $$ you are OK and find another job quickly!!

As for motivation...right now the temptation to eat emotionally, for me anyway, would be HUGE!

When I am stressed, bored, lonely...fill in the blank...I would have gone for something bad to eat...I am trying to change that. Not just to lose weight but to find healthier ways of dealing with all of my negative emotions.

Try walking or exercising. It will help you feel better. It might take alot of determination to go out and do it, but try anyway!

I like the idea of lulabelle...you could also try pre-planning your meals. Actually type in what you are going to eat that day in the morning or the night before and then stick to that. automatic pilot...no thinking involved sort of thing.

Last, I read this by Tamtastic a few months ago and whenever I am discouraged I think about this.

Paraphrased: Time will pass anyway...(it will be Christmas in 4 months regardless of what we do or don't do) what you weigh at Christmas is up to you and the decisions that you make TODAY!!

Good Luck,

I will pray for your job.

DeeDee
This discussion has been closed.