Exercise to Eat

Does anyone else out there feel like they are working out just so they can eat stuff thats not so good for you? Seems like the more I work out the hungrier I am.

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    me too (on the more your work out the hungrier you are!)

I bring a protein bar with me (or buy one at the gym) and eat it in the car right after so that I dont over eat a ton of food when I get home because I am so hungry.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    I overcame this by eating five to six small meals per day that were made up of mainly protein. Its helped alot with cravings and hunger. I only start getting hungry now when its time to eat my next meal which is every three hours.
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    :happy: No! I for one do not always eat back ALL my calories. I use MFP to track what I am eating and to hold myself accountable. I do log exercise calories, and sometimes I do find that I am hungrier after wards, but I love moving my body ~ even when it's sore!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    I eat less to not exercise. : )
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    I work out so I can eat more (with the added benefit of becoming a sexy biotch in the process).

not really just to eat bad stuff though. Occasionally, but not generally.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    I eat less to not exercise. : )

lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    Protein. Hit your numbers on that. That is all.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    I exercise because I love the way it makes me feel AND I can still have chocolate and vodka. :drinker: (In moderation of course!)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Does anyone else out there feel like they are working out just so they can eat stuff thats not so good for you? Seems like the more I work out the hungrier I am.
    Where's Taubes when you need him.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    I was doing that for a while, sometimes even doing 2-a-day workouts, 5 times a week just so I could eat a cookie or ice cream. Even though I was creating a deficit, I still wasn't losing weight. Now I work out 3-4 days a week and have stopped trying to "earn" a bunch of extra cals, and I am losing. Really, I was causing myself a lot of stress doing that and feel happier now to just not have dessert. I can enjoy my evenings and read a book instead of killing myself at the gym.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    No, workout for the joy it gives me. Morning workout is just before breakfast, so eat a meal just after. Usually eat some type bar after my afternoon bike ride to help tide me over until dinner.:bigsmile:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    I have lots of protein and some starchy carbs at breakfast and lots of lean protein and veggies at lunch and supper. Fruit twice a day.Plus a glass of skim milk with protein powder post workout. Even with workout calories I typically have very little room for junk after hitting all those goals.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    I def work out so I can eat , I do eat mostly good foods...but I love my wine!!! lol plus I feel good after a workout :)...but pretty much working out to maintain my weight
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    If you work out hard, you should be hungry after. We must refuel!!

I do enjoy have a few extra calories available after exercise. I don't go for junk though. Before workouts, I have a good snack, and depending on time of day, after I eat lunch or a snack. My snacks typically are an apple and cheese, or I might have some nuts. Protein bars are a good substitute, but I try not to use them too much - as I prefer whole foods. (But, I do think that is just a preference, and my body doesn't always react well to the processed foods.)
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    those are the yummiest calories! chocolate, ice cream, etc.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    I def work out so I can eat , I do eat mostly good foods...but I love my wine!!! lol plus I feel good after a workout :)

THIS!!!