Protein shakes

Options
rishina27
rishina27 Posts: 170 Member
Need help on deciding what type of protein shakes are good for meal replacements and pre and post workout any suggestions???

Replies

• LindseyRoot
    Options
    i personally use ViSalus and really love them. :) the taste amazing! check them out! I have lost 32lbs so far! feel free to add me and ask questions, i dont mind.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    YEP!! Body by VI shakes are awesome!! They taste fab, and the options for mixing them are endless, none of this chocolate strawberry and vanilla boredom!!:wink: I am a super slow loser, but I know alot of others who have had fab results using the BBV shakes!! My sister in law swears that they help HUGELY with post workout muscle soreness!!
  • rishina27
    Options
    Ok thanks I'll try them I work for a chiro doctor and he's always tryin new stuff and he had a shipment of Tht to come in Tht he's been offering to our patients he said he loves it guess I'll try it and see.... Do u mix it with water juice or what?
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Protein shakes can not replace meals, they are good for supplementing your diet with protein should it be lacking.

There are specific MRPs, meal replacements that are protein based with a legal requirement to contain a minimum number of vitamins and nutrients, I suggest you look into these as opposed to a protein shake to replace a meal as you'll starve your body of vital minerals and vitamins, strangely enough!
  • LindseyRoot
    Options
    the possibilities seem to be endless with ViSalus! try google... type 100 visalus recipes.. start there lol
  • rishina27
    Options
    Protein shakes can not replace meals, they are good for supplementing your diet with protein should it be lacking.

There are specific MRPs, meal replacements that are protein based with a legal requirement to contain a minimum number of vitamins and nutrients, I suggest you look into these as opposed to a protein shake to replace a meal as you'll starve your body of vital minerals and vitamins, strangely enough!

O wow I did not know Tht thanks!!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

I use HMR Shakes, they are designed as meal replacements...and they are real good. Only have Vanilla and Chocolate but you can add almost anything to the vanilla (I make shakes, freeze it and serve it as Ice cream - kids love it) The chocolate ones I add a dash of instant coffee and 1/2 tbls of hershey's chocolate and BAM, got myself a mocha frapachinno for way less calories than Starbucks!!

:bigsmile:
  • rishina27
    Options

I use HMR Shakes, they are designed as meal replacements...and they are real good. Only have Vanilla and Chocolate but you can add almost anything to the vanilla (I make shakes, freeze it and serve it as Ice cream - kids love it) The chocolate ones I add a dash of instant coffee and 1/2 tbls of hershey's chocolate and BAM, got myself a mocha frapachinno for way less calories than Starbucks!!

:bigsmile:

O ok so where do I purchase these HMR shakes from and how often do you use them?
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition *natural* pro complex vanilla. (avoid sucralose or other poisonous sweeteners)
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    Advocare is a good one!!! Love it get the chocolate and add some PB2
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I use Nutribiotic rice protein. Mine is a meal replacement because it has 450 calories.

chopped up frozen banana
    1 cup almond milk ( or other milk)
    1 tablespoon protein powder
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1 medjool date pitted
    1/4 quick cooking oats.
    1 tablespoon chia seed
    3 ice cubes.
    blend the crapola out of it and enjoy.

It tastes like dessert but it super healthy and filling due to all the fiber. But it is 450 calories so it is not low cal.
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any protein supplement brand recommendations that do not have artificial sweeteners? I can taste them in almost everything and they make me a little nauseous too, as does stevia. Thanks!
  • rishina27
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your comments and responses
  • moonbai
    moonbai Posts: 16
    Options
    I am using EAS Lean 15 Get lean and toned Chocolate Fudge I blends it with Almond milk, mango and 1/2 a banana I love it because it helps with hunger cravings
  • rishina27
    Options
    I am using EAS Lean 15 Get lean and toned Chocolate Fudge I blends it with Almond milk, mango and 1/2 a banana I love it because it helps with hunger cravings

Really so where can I purchase most of this protein powder from