The Final Meltdown 8.20.09

msh0530
msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm going to start the thread today, as it seems that since I started back to work, this early morning time is the only time I have. Good morning, all!
Smadag - any news? You are still in my prayers. Don't forget to eat today though.

Today is the first day back for the students. In the morning, we will only have the freshman, so I will meet my newbies. In the afternoon, they all come, but we spend the afternoon playing all school get acquainted games with the student council. Hope my pain stays in check. I got my first glimmer of hope yesterday, when I was able to walk short distances before it hurt, so I hope that I continue to improve. I'm sure my improvement won't be as fast as I want though!

Have a wonderful Thursday, and here's to smart choices!

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Good morning Mary, and ladies!

I am alive but that is about it. Work has me so stressed out that I have a constant pull in y neck and a low grade headache. If I am not consious about it, my shoulders constantly move upward towards my head and I find myself hunching over at my desk. Not good. Even my afternoon workouts aren't a muscle release. I am now in a desperate hunt for a massage therapist with hands like vise grips. I used to have a good therapist, but he got a little too "feely" and creeped me out. U have been going without, but I am in serious pain at this point.

Part of it is that I am on the fence about having a child. My husband would love one, but I have never had any inclination or drive to do so. I am 36 now and in relatively good health, and considering that in a year, I have to give up my career to move (pcs'ing to europe), it isn't like I wouldn't have the time. But I am worried about not being happy as a mother. Oh well... I'll figure something out.

I did hit the gym yesterday. Got 65 mins of cardio in (sweated like a horse) and a very good arms workout. Cals were within range too. I am trying to blend up a quarter cup of blueberries and 2 small strawberries in my protein shake every morning to get my fruit in. My body loves to hang on to sugar, so we will see if I can get away with just ingesting it in the very early am.

Smadag: I hope you have had good news by now. Still sending out big virtual hugs!

All my best to you all!

ileana
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Mary - take it wasy - when the pain hits - listen to it!

lleanak - not sure about what you should do but I can tell you having children is the absolute best thing that ever happened in our lives. Are they a pain sometimes - oh yeah - but the true deep love and bond that you have is one that you cannot have with any other!

smadag - we're all still thinking about ya!

I did my hour kick class last night - it's fun and I don't feel uncoordinated (usually) - I still try to roundhouse when I should be shuffling - but OH WELL

I've been asked to speak to doctors office by their insurance company who does health and wellness-since I am a cancer survivor and with how I've lost the weight - I am excited but nervous - I am not a speaker but I decided to go for it - I didn't lose all this weight by being a whimp!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Mornin ladies

I did get a small workout in last night by walking down the road putting fliers in mailboxes. I have started eating even thou I don't want to.We have 3 ads coning out in a local paper today with big words saying REWARD across the top. I saw emotions in my DH I have not seen in almost 4 years of being together last night as we talked about Popcorn.

LLenak maybe you and I need to change places on the children deal. I want them and my DH doesn't , but he is willing to because I want them. What do you put in your shakes in the morning I would love to start dringing them.

Chrissy- YOU GO GIRL
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Mary: listen to your body and don't overdo it!

Chrissy: Go for it, you rock star!

Smadag: I am glad to hear that your DH is communicating his hurt with you. The situation stinks, but this side effect is a nice thing. As for the kid issue... well, I just don't know. I am scared ,I guess.
    I do the following for my early morning shake

Pro Complete 40 - Protein - Bananna Creme Pie, 1 Scoop 102 (cal) 20 (prot)4 (carb)2 (Fib)2 (Fat)
    Honey, 0.2 tbsp 13 (cal) 0 (prot)3 (carb)0 (Fib)0 (Fat)
    Fage (Greece) 0% - Yoghurt, 0.2 cup 24 (cal) 4 (prot) 2(carb) 0 (Fib) 0(Fat)
    Mootopia Skim Milk, 0.25 cup 23 (cal) 4 (prot) 1(carb) 0 (Fib)0(Fat)
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 21 (cal) 0 (prot) 5(carb) 1 (Fib)0(Fat)
    Benefiber - Powder, 1 tsp 8 (cal) 0 (prot) 2(carb) 2 (Fib)0(Fat)
    Strawberries - Raw, 2 small (1" dia) 4 (cal) 0 (prot) 1(carb) 0 (Fib) 0(Fat)

195 calories, 28g protein, 18g carbs (5g fiber), 2g fat (no sat fat) :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.