Finding things hard - help please.

Options
Having come back from university from the Summer I am finding it really difficult to stick to this thing and not eat too much. I'm generally fine until the evening when I just want to eat everything in the house. Don't know whether it is boredom or feeling lonely being back or what - bah.

Replies

• loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    I used to be a night time muncher, now I just don't get the urge. When I'm at home, I either workout in the evening or I brush my teeth and floss straight after dinner and then go for a bath usually, after that I'm pretty relaxed and just entertain myself on the internet whilst watching tv until bedtime.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth and floss straight after dinner

^^THIS! This helps me TREMENDOUSLY. It might not seem like it, but it's a powerful mental tool...
  • tangoa24
    tangoa24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I was definitely a late night snacker as well. I use one of two ways to stop myself: cut back on calories throughout the day so I can have that late night ice cream without feeling guilty, or I "complete my entry" for the day way before that nighttime craving hits. Seeing that "You will weigh..." gives me the motivation to stay away from extra snacks. Go to bed a little hungry every night instead of stuffed...it makes a huge difference!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Find a friend to go walking with...sounds like you are bored and need to get your mind off of eating. If you really are hungry try a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, or Crystal Farms Light String cheese ...I like to pair that with an apple....gets me through the rest of the night if I am hungry!

Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself~

Good Luck sweets!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Having come back from university from the Summer I am finding it really difficult to stick to this thing and not eat too much. I'm generally fine until the evening when I just want to eat everything in the house. Don't know whether it is boredom or feeling lonely being back or what - bah.

I'm the same way. If I am at work or out, I can control my eating easilly. But if I am at home then I end up snacking on everything. So I limit the time I am home and limit what I have in the house to snack on (no cookies or sweets, just fruit and veggies). This way if I do snack, I can't help but reach for something healthy.
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I saw your post and hopped in just to read the answers! LOL I'm feeling the same way, right down to the night time munchies. I do GREAT all day and then seem to blow it at night. Start over in the morning, to have the same thing happen the next night.

I like that another person told you to not be too hard on yourself. Every day is a fresh goal. One day, or one weekend, or one week doesn't "ruin" you. Keep going. Keep logging in. People will support you. Add anyone and everyone who seems to "get it." They will INSPIRE you.

When you want to snack, log in to MFP and look through the boards, you're sure to find some willpower. I will try to take the same advice! :flowerforyou:
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much guys, I will try all your suggestions