need motivation...

Options
Good Morning,

I am finding it difficult to stay on track. When i went out for dinner with my husband, we ordered pizza, he ask how many pieces i wanted, i said only 2, he rolled is eyes and said, that all you want, as if to say come on i know you want more than that....so i did....I feel that if he does not support me than why should i even try.

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You should keep trying because you are doing this for YOU. Maybe you should have a talk with him and tell him that you would really appreciate his support! Keep your chin up and keep moving forward. You can do it! :flowerforyou:

I have started a thread to get weightloss buddies that will help keep each other on track. Feel free to join us if you'd like! Here's the link!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63691-a-new-me-let-s-get-started
  • SyRetha
    SyRetha Posts: 2
    Options
    You should try because it's what you want. If he sees that you're serious he might start helping you instead of sabotaging your efforts. Maybe he's testing you...This site has really been helpful for me. Being able to see just how many calories I'm putting away in a day and how much exercise I'm getting really keeps things in perspective for me. Give it some time and don't give up. You've already gotten past the hard part, that's making the decision to make positive changes, keep up the good work!
  • cooper03
    cooper03 Posts: 16
    Options
    The hardest part is getting started. You are going to hear people teasing you about is that all your going to eat because they are use to you eating more. Don't get discouraged just stay focus on your goals and feeling good about yourself. YOU CAN DO IT:love:
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You should try because it's what you want. If he sees that you're serious he might start helping you instead of sabotaging your efforts. Maybe he's testing you...This site has really been helpful for me.

I agree with this. Perhaps he's just not taking your serious yet. Perhaps he doesn't realize how important this process is to you. Keep at it!! I used to have the same problem with my boyfriend, now he understands and is is more important and supportive than ever! Also had the same problem with my friends, but now they know only one tonic and vodka on the weekends for me (if I even do go out anymore). People will understand, and they do become a motivation once they see that your putting effort in and trying. Keep trying and congrats on YOUR motivation so far!