Sanwish for lunch?

Saken
Saken Posts: 476
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys, i havent got my lunch yet... i am at work right now and i am thinking about going downstairs and grab a small tuna sandwish.
What do you think? is it a good choice or do i have a better choice? remember i only have about 10 minutes to grab a bite

Edit: i wrote sanwish instead of sandwish

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Tuna is high in protein. Very good. :smile:
    If it's tuna salad, the mayo in it is high in calories. :ohwell:

Do you have enough calories for it in the day?
    I love tuna sandwiches. So long as I have enough calories, I'd go for it.
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    If there isn't mayo on the sandwich (and depending on the bread), it is probably a good choice.

I like tuna and olives, tuna and capers, and tuna and lemon juice and pepper instead of tuna salad.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Mayo can fit into your daytime cals easily...I eat tuna sandwiches all the time. especially good if you're working out and building muscle!
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    Be careful with that tuna...eating tuna out gets tricky, 'cause they add lots of fat (mayo) to it..some places also add eggs. Try looking for another alternative..maybe turkey breast sandwich.

I have a VERY healthy recipe for tuna salad...not like your usual tuna..and it's yummy! I'm posting to the recipe board shortly.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Mayo is great for throwing some fat in your daily nutrition!
  • Saken
    i only ate my breakfast today, and only half of it (about 150cals) something that i am noticing, is that by now i would be starving but i still feel fine :)
    i am just going to eat something just by the fact of eating
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Hey guys, i havent got my lunch yet... i am at work right now and i am thinking about going downstairs and grab a small tuna sandwish.
    What do you think? is it a good choice or do i have a better choice? remember i only have about 10 minutes to grab a bite

Edit: i wrote sanwish instead of sandwish

lol you should have wrote 'sandwich'. I wish I had a sandwish right now :frown:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Be careful with that tuna...eating tuna out gets tricky, 'cause they add lots of fat (mayo) to it..some places also add eggs. Try looking for another alternative..maybe turkey breast sandwich.

I have a VERY healthy recipe for tuna salad...not like your usual tuna..and it's yummy! I'm posting to the recipe board shortly.

ooh I wanna! :happy:
  • Saken
    i got a chicken sandwish instead of the tuna, since it was the only thing i ate at lunch i guess it wasnt too bad, i reckon it has about 400 calories due to having a little bit of mayo (not in excess thankfuly)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    you can never go wrongwith ham and cheese...its my fav. but i hope your chicken was good!
  • Saken
    you can never go wrongwith ham and cheese...its my fav. but i hope your chicken was good!
    "Sandes Mista" my favourite :) Cheese and Ham, altough i prefered chicken because it seemed a healthyer choise
    Cheese is Fat, and Ham is.... well, not very healthy
  • Saken
    "Sandes Mista" my favourite :) Cheese and Ham, altough i prefered chicken because it seemed a healthyer choise
  • Saken
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Did I hear an Echo? :laugh:
  • Saken
    dam double posts :p
This discussion has been closed.