Weight stalled!

rvest
rvest Posts: 17 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I have been working very hard for 12 weeks and have lost 16 pounds. For the first 10 weeks, I did NOT eat my exercise calories and was hungry all the time. For the last two weeks, I've been eating a little more on the weekends, but have never gone over my total allowable calories for the day. I am really depressed because my weight has stalled and I today when I got on the scale, I have actually gained back 1 pound! I know 1 pound is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it worries me. I wonder what the reason is? I've read several topics about how your body "re sets" based on the calories, so does anyone have advice about this? Should I cut my calories back? I am eating about 1300-400 calories a day ( weekends maybe 1500-1600) but am burning at least 400/day by running. I only have 3 pounds to my goal and I really want to make it! Is this because I ate much more on the weekend? HELP!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    It is really tough to loose those last few pounds, especially if it is close to your optimal weight. Keep working at it and it will come. I have been trying to loose 2 lbs for over a month. However, my clothes keep fitting better with muscle so I am not so concerned.

Good Luck:happy:
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    I was the exact same way. I reduced my carbs a little and kept working out. That helped me. My problem now is finding the right balance for my body to maintain.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.