burning calories while standing?

Options
Is it true that you can burn more calories by standing for long periods of time than you do just sitting doing nothing? I ask because I stand for 8-10 hours a day for my job. Does that burn ore calories for me?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Is it true that you can burn more calories by standing for long periods of time than you do just sitting doing nothing? I ask because I stand for 8-10 hours a day for my job. Does that burn ore calories for me?
    Not that would be worth logging under your exercise section, no.

Just remember, feeling weary or tired, does not equate to a high calorie burn and it definitely does not equate to being worthwhile to log under your exercise section.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Not that would be worth logging under your exercise section, no.

Just remember, feeling weary or tired, does not equate to a high calorie burn and it definitely does not equate to being worthwhile to log under your exercise section.

Well I wasn't going to put it in my exercise log..haha. And no one ever said anything about feeling tired or weary.. or even that standing for a long time was a high calorie burn.....it was just a question stemming from curiosity.

thanks
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    someone posted about that the other day, and there is some evidence that having a "standing desk" at work will burn slightly more calories than sitting all day. not worth logging, but hey if you can stand, do it! :smile: