The order your body burns calories.

cinnister
cinnister Posts: 14 Member
Did you know that your body burns calories in a specific order?
Did you know that it always burns two sources at one time?
Here's the order: Carbs -> Protein -> Fat -> Muscle.
So it starts with carbs and protein, moves on to protein and fat and then to fat and muscle.
What you'll want to do is setup your food intake so that at night, you're in the Protein & Fat burning zone.
At night especially, your body burns stored fat.

Replies

• momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Love this info! Thanks!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Another nugget of made up info!!!

Seriously! Where are you getting this stuff from?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Starting to think OP is a troll.

Either that or just really misguided. If so, it's nice that she's trying to be helpful, but please do some actual research first!

ETA: I say the troll thing because she has posted this and another topic with completely BS information within a few minutes of each other. And she doesn't seem to come back and comment on any of them, just leaves them around for people to get worked up about. Hmmm...
  • JupitersGhost
    JupitersGhost Posts: 64 Member
    May I please request the scientific evidence that backs this claim?

Really wish people would stop posting "facts" without then backing it up with evidence..
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Starting to think OP is a troll.

Either that or just really misguided. If so, it's nice that she's trying to be helpful, but please do some actual research first!

I was thinking the same thing
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    while the op is a troll in my opinon

I also learned in school that fat is the last thing the body wants to break down since its more complicated than breaking down a carb. But at night...no your body does not burn stored fat...
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    wonder if her username is a bit of a clue! :ohwell:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Dear OP:

double-facepalm.jpg
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    My body burns in a specific order.....it starts with my fingers and toes and rarely gets past my elbows and knees!!!!! :noway:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Love this info! Thanks!
    ^This is the reason why I hate trolls. It's a sin really.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    What you'll want to do is setup your food intake so that at night, you're in the Protein & Fat burning zone.

i smell hoscience.

how about telling us HOW to set yourself up for the protein/fat burning zone?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Say wha???
  • Raska
    Raska Posts: 7 Member
    Broscience to the rescue!!!
  • CoderGal

i smell hoscience.

Man I love the protein burning zone. I prefer to use the zone with my charcoal BBQ in it for my protein burning. The protein I burn is usually chicken, how about you?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    broscience.bmp
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Did you know that your body burns calories in a specific order?
    Did you know that it always burns two sources at one time?
    Here's the order: Carbs -> Protein -> Fat -> Muscle.
    So it starts with carbs and protein, moves on to protein and fat and then to fat and muscle.
    At night especially, your body burns stored fat.

*sigh*

Where do you get the idea that your body burns two sources at one time?

Look... simple is good... over-simplification is bad. I don't know where you're getting your information, but it's mostly false.

Here's the deal: Your body needs more than just calories to be healthy and happy. Carbs are energy and your body will burn those first. This is correct. HOWEVER, if you eat a surplus of protein, more than your body needs for the synthesis of enzymes, etc.., then your body converts those proteins to an energy source and very happily burns those along with the carbs. Ditto with the fat.

If you are in a calorie deficit... then you will meet that deficit with fat stores. However, you will also pull some protein out of your muscles to meet your amino acid needs and perhaps some energy needs as well. How much you catabolize is dependent on whether you're exercising or sedentary, and on what kinds of exercise you do, and on genetics, and probably a host of other things.

The timing of nutrient intake is pretty much irrelevant for the average person. Athletes might need to worry about it, but the rest of us really don't. You don't have to do anything special at night to optimize fat burning or anything like that.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

i smell hoscience.

Man I love the protein burning zone. I prefer to use the zone with my charcoal BBQ in it for my protein burning. The protein I burn is usually chicken, how about you?

pork souvlaki!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    OP, I hope you know this isn't the chit chat forum where jokes are allowed.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    I also learned in school that fat is the last thing the body wants to break down since its more complicated than breaking down a carb. But at night...no your body does not burn stored fat...

I don't know that this is true. It's not that complicated, biochemically, to break fat down into acetyl CoA, which can feed directly into the Kreb cycle to produce the energy your body needs. That said, no one ever uses 100% fat to meet their energy needs when in a calorie deficit. You'll use protein too.
  • CoderGal

i smell hoscience.

pork souvlaki!
    Sounds delicious, My bf is having a pigs roast this weekend. I'm a breast kind of girl tho. What do you use to 'spice' up your protein burning routine?