Ladies! I need some help!(In regards to breast support)

Options
I fell off the workout wagon for awhile and just got back into it last month thanks to help from my amazing Boyfriend. But between then and now I've gotten larger, including my breasts, so the sports bras I have just aren't cutting it now. My nipples feel chafed, and they bounce all around while I run(unless I hold them down), which is not just uncomfortable, but embarrassing. Unfortunately I don't know who to ask for advice about this other than the internet.

So I was hoping some fabulous lady could give me a bit of advice in regards to what brands are good and how to properly secure these bad boys.

I'm currently a 38/40D, before I was a 34C. And I'm not sure what the brand is, but they sell the bras I'm using now at target. I would love to get some super nice ones, but my price range is probably going to top out at 35/40$ a bra. And that is still going to hurt.

If this is in the wrong area, I apologize.

Replies

• livigabihuni
    Options
    the first thing I would do is get fitted for a bra. I have been doing this the past 4-5 years and could not be happier with the results. As far and getting a good sports bra I'm not really sure because I don't own one at the moment. After I know my size I tend to buy my bras online at Amazon.com and go off the ratings others give them and read the comments.
  • looplooploop
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona bra. I bought it off Amazon for ~$40. Its fantastic. Worst part is, now my boobs jiggle less than the rest of my body when I work out hahah!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The moving comfort bras are very supportive. If there is a running store near you, try and get fitted or try a bra on there. You can always surf Amazon and ebay once you know the size to save some $$$! That's what I have done!
  • vonne06
    vonne06 Posts: 42
    Options
    UNDER ARMOUR Women's HeatGear Endure D Zip-Front Sports Bra. I have the DD zip up, I have the DD zip up by Under Armour and there is no more painful bounce. Fair warning, they fit very, very snug, and until a little more worn in the straps can get a little irritating. But so far it is the only bra that I have found that holds up to high impact exercise. And they are a bit pricey, approx. $60 and a sports store. Hope that helps, good luck bra shopping.
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with Moving Comfort! Try and find a place that fits larger breasted women (not Victoria Secret) and get a fitting. I went to Title Nine to get mine and they did a great job (go Bravangalist!), plus, you can return them anytime for any reason within a year. They have great sales online if you don't have a store where you live.
  • rowtard
    rowtard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SHOCK ABSORBERS !!! I really struggled to find good bras as I'm an F cup and I find they are the only thing that works
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    lol. I'm waiting for a guy to step in and say, "Allow me to support you!" :laugh:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I lust after Athleta bras.... But haven't committed yet. Holding my girls up is only for the very committed.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I had a 16E Triumph sports bra that crossed over in the back and it was AWESOME!! I also used to wear a crop top type bra over the top when running or doing exercises that require jumping up and down which made a really big difference. In fact I still wear the crop top if I'm going to run a long distance.
  • GSCPostBaby
    GSCPostBaby Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with Moving Comfort but I think the Maia is a better model for very large breasts. I wear a 32F in it. Excellent support and separation and it's cut nice and low in the arm pit which is super to prevent chafing.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    omg i thought i was the only person with this problem. I'm currently doing P90X and whenever I have to do jumping jacks or run lunges, I literally have to hold my boobs in place or else it's painful!! suuuuucks! Hoping to find an answer to that problem on this thread. Thanks for posting!!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is mine. Started using it when I was heavier and a DDD. Made it virtually a non-issue when working out :)

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46915&vid=1&pid=720994
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1. Find a bra you like.
    2. Go to TJMaxx. I love TJMaxx. I go every few weeks to check for bras. I don't find something every time I go but occasionally I'll find a very nice Wacoal or Natori for $10 that I've seen for $40-50 other places. Try the stores in nicer areas. The higher-priced the area, the nicer the TJMaxx.
  • WalterMom
    WalterMom Posts: 12
    Options
    A couple of years back I was a 38DD and training for a 25K. At the time I was wearing two sports bras with different strap designs to keep the straps from making my shoulders raw. Then, I found Champion style #6843 at ****'s Sporting Goods. Let's just say that there is some serious engineering involved in this design. It is a heavy lycra/nylon underwire design with adjustable straps that actually put the girls back up where they belong, NO bounce, and NO uniboob! They are right around your price range and if you try them on in the store and like it, they are also available on Amazon.
  • sand1941
    sand1941 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    OMG, I wasn't expecting such a huge response! Thanks everyone for your input.

Are the sizes for Sports Bras just completely different than the sizes for regular bras? Because I was sized as a 38/40D right before I moved(like three months ago). I'm going to have to look for a running store, I haven't seen any since I moved up here, but if the sizing is the same I don't see why I would have to get sized again?
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    One word: Enell. They aren't inexpensive, but they work. I'm a 38G right now, and nothing else gives me the luxury of forgetting all about the girls while I work out. Srsly.
  • sand1941
    sand1941 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Also, what are the thoughts on zip front closures? They look easier to put on, but with my luck I would totally zip my skin into the bra...>>;

I'm going to do the double bra thing until I can get some new bras, hopefully it will help, but I really don't want to do it too much, it wears my nicer bras out too fast and ends up being more than just buying a more expensive, higher quality sports bra for working out.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I tried the sport bra at Target and looked at myself in the mirror and decided no way could I run and bounce (34-36F). I buy the Glamorise sport bra for $50 (Woman Within catalog) and saved up so I could afford a few of them so I didn't have to wash it everyday. It is a 2 part bra and buy it in a 38 because it is a super snug fit. I now have 5 of them and no bounce worries.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    the first thing I would do is get fitted for a bra. I have been doing this the past 4-5 years and could not be happier with the results. As far and getting a good sports bra I'm not really sure because I don't own one at the moment. After I know my size I tend to buy my bras online at Amazon.com and go off the ratings others give them and read the comments.

Everything this. I have an Enell bra (34F), and it's quite pricey. But I've heard really great things about the Goddess line of sports bras, and they are in your range on Amazon.com.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If his hands wont work, mine will.