Bring your scale on your long vacation?

Options
Kind of kidding. Would you?

Replies

• SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do! I would be in too much denial if I didn't, and my eating would get out of control. I really need the accountability! Some people hate scales, I rely on mine!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I would if hubs would let me...lol. I am obsessed though...and i know it is not good. :sad:
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Now this is dedication!!! I know if I did that I would be the bearer of ridicule from the family for the entire trip. I would leave the scales at home.
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I guess that would depend on how heavy my scale was and whether there was likely to be one at my hotel or not. It would be kind of funny explaining it to Customs though. :wink:
  • NZGeekGirl
    NZGeekGirl Posts: 87
    Options
    If I thought there were no scales where I was going then yes. As it happens there always have been and I've kept weighing and measuring. If I don't, I'm at a point where my portion control would get out of hand too quickly.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Nope! I try to weigh myself no more than once a week - ideally I only do it twice a month.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    LOL I kind of want to!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    As soon as I buy one, I'll let you know

:ohwell:
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nope!!! Just bring My fitness pal!!! You'll do just fine. :bigsmile:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    No I don't. I usually over pack so even if I wanted there would be no room for it. Plus, it is vacation time! I forget the scale and just enjoy my time away.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use my wii fit for my scale. I'm in a different state all summer and didn't bring it. I regret it...the gym scale here is not reliable at all. So yes in the future if it's over 2 weeks I will bring it.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Kind of kidding. Would you?

No, but I tell you what I did do back in March during our two week holiday away, I took a tape-measure.

I figured as I was not willing to take my scales, I would take my weekly measurements instead whilst on holiday. As I measure to the eighth of an inch, any variation showed up and the tape-measure did not take up any room in my suitcase.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I am seriously considering bringing my scale on our vacation this summer! It'll be a long time to go without keeping track, and since we are driving packing a scale wouldn't be too big a hassle.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Won't fit in, also I use wii fit board, andgoing camping, no electricity for my hols.

Seriously, if I'm on holiday I want to enjoy myself, not worry about what I eat. I know what's good and what's bad, so try to make some sensible decisions, but won't go without treats. Also I walk loads when I'm camping, so that with balance out some of the extra calories I eat
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hell no. That's just plain unhealthy.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Hell no. That's just plain unhealthy.
    I guess I'm confused, but how is bringing a scale on an extended vacation unhealthy?
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    A scale to weigh me - No, a scale to weigh food - Yes if I am self catering
    But then I have frozen and prepacked calorie counted lunches to take to the Isle of Wight Festival along side my weetabix for breakfast. I am hoping the walking and dancing will burn off the festival dinners :)