hard walking - 30 / 45minutes per day

Saken
Saken Posts: 476
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
how much callories would you reckon i would burn if i walk 30 / 45 minutes per day, doing some hard walking like clibing roads at a fast pace?
cheers

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Do you know how many miles you walk in those minutes? If you figure that out there is info in the MFP data base on walking. I'm a walker. I walk 4-5 miles a day. I walked 3 miles this morning in 49 minutes and burned 637 calories. I have a heart rate monitor so I know tht's correct. Cindy :heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Plug it into your exercise log - they have different paces of walking. Should be pretty accurate!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Do you know how many miles you walk in those minutes? If you figure that out there is info in the MFP data base on walking. I'm a walker. I walk 4-5 miles a day. I walked 3 miles this morning in 49 minutes and burned 637 calories. I have a heart rate monitor so I know tht's correct. Cindy :heart:
    I use the MFP database for my walking and at 4MPH it says i burn around 200 calories for 3 miles. But with that said, i'm at my goal weight, so might be burning at a slower pace.
  • Saken
    i cant find where it says that, i walk arround 3 to 5 miles per day, every day, i would supose i have about 200calls in there myself!
  • Saken
    i found the database
    Acording to that, 3.5mph, uphill is about 126cals for 12minutes (that's about how long i walk from home to work)
    i do that 4 times a day, so i would say that 400cals are burned in that process :D
  • Saken
    i found the database
    Acording to that, 3.5mph, uphill is about 126cals for 12minutes (that's about how long i walk from home to work)
    i do that 4 times a day, so i would say that 400cals are burned in that process :D
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I walked 6.5 miles today, the downhill portion was 3 miles I burned ~200, the uphill segment was 3.5 miles and 450calories. I wear a HRM, but MFP's estimate for 2 hours at 3.5 mph was 676cals--almost the same.
This discussion has been closed.