shoes or no shoes while working out at home?

Options

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It depends..with Insanity I def need my sneakers on.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    No shoes. Better balance, plus less risk of injury from misstep.

Even at the gym I wear VFFs.

Stupid shoe culture.

Naked feet unite!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Always with shoes. They support my ankles and I feel more comfortable working out with shoes on.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    Shoes. For me, they are a must.
  • Never do I wear shoes when working out at home. I workout better without them.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    No shoes! Most videos etc say you should wear shoes, but I haven't ever heard any good reason why I should...
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Shoes...I am a diabetic and I know how important it is to look after your feet whether I workout at home or somewhere else. Remember your feet is what carries us through our life and so need looking after.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    As a self proclaimed shoe hater, I have to workout in shoes. I'm flat footed and I need the support.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I always workout barefoot.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I wear those Fila toes sneakers. the best workout shoes ever for me
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No shoes, particularly when lifting weights. I find my feet grip the bare floor better, if that makes sense.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    No shoes. I do sometimes wear them on the stationary bike though.
  • Abbdul
    Abbdul Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    shoes are must, they stabilize you when your doing exercise , especially when your doing dead lift and squats
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I don't wear shoes when I work out at home. I am more comfortable that way.
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    thanx for all the responses guys, its nice to get others point of view.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No shoes for me. Even with 30 DS and an exercise bike at home
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Only workouts I've done shoeless is yoga and TaeBo back in the day. I do find that balance is better without the shoes. But most of my current workouts, other than yoga, have enough jumping and higher impact moves in them that I prefer to wear shoes.
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been working out on and off for years at home and I have never worn shoes. At first it was because my feet felt too heavy with gym shoes. Now, it's just the way I have to do it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I don't like shoes and don't usually wear them if I don't have to. If I'm not at work I'm usually either barefoot or wearing flip flops. When I was doing workout videos I always did them barefoot (P90X and Insanity and a few others). I was wearing regular running shoes for running but I'm transitioning to Vibram Five Fingers now. I do Stronglifts 5x5 at home and I wear my VFFs because I do it on my back porch which is wood and I don't want to get a splinter in the bottom of my foot.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    No shoes. I find that I do better with no shoes on. Plus I'm trying to stay quiet for the sake of my neighbors downstairs. Sometimes I wish no one lived beneath me. =)

This is the same for me. I'm too worried about bothering the neighbors with my big stompy shoes! Barefoot unless I'm outside.