Am I doing it right?

Options
So approximately 6 months ago I weighed 16 pounds more than I do now. I didn't really add much exercise and I added a bit of a difference to my diet. All it really did was let me lose a couple pounds but that was over many months. For the past 50 days I've officially gone hardcore by changing my diet completely (I no longer ever drink soda, I never eat fast food, junk food rarely etc.) I eat very healthy now, but of course I have my days. Also I exercise 5-6 times a week, for 1-2 hours. I've so far lost 8.5 lbs. If I keep on doing what I've been doing will I see results? All I do is cardio, I don't do strength training.

Replies

• teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    what results are you looking for? If your currently losing weight, eating right then your golden! Remember, CONSISTENCY is the key. If you stick to your 5-6 day a week training with clean nutrition, you will go beyond your goals.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations of the good results.

I would suggest, however, that you consider adding a strength component to your workouts. While I'm big on cardio (I run about 40km a week, bike, swim etc) you are losing lean muscles mass as well as fat. Adding weight training helps mitigate the loss of muscle tissue - it's really the fat we want to lose.
  • lydialen
    lydialen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was worried that maybe I wasn't doing it the right way and I'd hit a wall and stop losing weight, which is not what I want to happen.