motivtion needed:/ help ?

Options
I'm trying to lose about 30lbs but find it quite hard to stay motivated and focused. Its summer time and I'd really love to shed some pounds for my last year of school, I want to be able to show my friends and family my accomplishments.

How can I motivate myself to start loosing weight and stick with it.? I would really appreciate advice and tips.

Replies

• teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Are you following any type of physical exercise routine right now? Nutrition?
  • SaamanthaaNicole
    Options
    No nutrition routine right now, my grandmother has me on a diet tho.
    As for excercise I'm doing a workout routine on my phone from this app called Gain Fitness but That's about it.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    One way that I've heard works well to keep motivation is to take photos of yourself so you can actually see your progress week by week side by side and not just looking at yourself in the mirror consistently. Personally I'm not doing this just because I've been really successful week to week. Plus I have my kids to keep me motivated. Best of luck to you!

Also do you have a smart phone? If so download the app! I find that it does a great job in helping me to make choices from meal to meal and keeps me in check. I know that if I had to log it all after the fact I wouldn't be nearly as successful as I have been.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is find support. My personal recommendation is look up a local CrossFit box and join it. This is just my personal recommendation. If you have any friends or a local gym you can go to and you aren't afraid to meet new people, do that. But having people doing the same thing you are, going through the same struggles you do, and facing the same hurdles you face is the most reliable path to success in staying motivated. As for the diet, just make sure you are eating balanced foods. Too many people eat 15% protein, 20% fat and 65% carbs. make sure you look more like 30/30/40 and that the carbs are mostly (if not all) coming from fruits and veggies, not starch or grains.