I lost my first pound!!!

Options
I am so happy!!! I lost my first pound today. I started out by gaining a couple pounds, but now I lost them plus a pound :) I know it's only one pound, but we all have to start somewhere. Now I have even more motivation to workout harder and eat right. I'm going to think positive, pray to God, and be patient. I'm just so proud of myself. Does anyone have any advice about dieting?

Replies

• Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    You go girl I am proud of you as well....Feels good yea!....Make sure you drink all of your water!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    YES! Doesn't that feel great???

And it's just the first of a lot more, all the way to your goal! GRATZ!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    That's one less pound to lose! Way to go!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Yay! A pound is a pound. Do you know what one pound of fat looks like? You are doing great! Even that one pound makes a big difference!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    way to go!!!...slow and steady wins the race :flowerforyou:
  • svenbys
    svenbys Posts: 6
    Options
    Great job! Just keep at it, one moment at a time & you'll do great.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 1 pound loss .... keep up the good work
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did not have time to read the other responses because I am at work so I maybe repeating a lot of the other responses

1. Drink all the water you can. I personally mess up in that end so first thing in the morning I have to drink 2 glasses of water as soon as I wake up. Then at lunch I drink 2 more glasses, when I get home from work two more and after dinner two more. Now I drink water at other times as well but if i don't do it this I never get my 8 in.

2. I completel given up soda way to many calories for me to waste I could have a nice snack on what two cokes will add up to.

3. I have very little work out time so I walk on my lunch. And this might sound funny to you but this past monday i wont watch any tv unless i do so while on the tread mill.

good luck
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats :) i hope to see you type that many times
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first pound. :flowerforyou: Check out the links under General Diet and Weight Loss Help. These will be a big help. Don't give up or get discouraged. Also feel free to post on here if you have any questions or just need support. This is a wonderful sight with people always willing to assist and encourage. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    great job--you're headed in the right direction with your lifestyle change (NOT diet :bigsmile: )
    095420 Posts: 5
    Options
    great job, don't stop- don't get disscourage about the scale, don't get on it everyday- there are times when you can notice it in your clothes, I went through a phase , when I couldn't see any changes, but people around me will say, Yvette, girl you lost a lot of wgt. I went down 2 pants sizes and just saw the scale move, its been over 100 days. We can do it.!!!!
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    thats great! well done! keep going no matter what and you'll get to your goal!
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change the word diet to life style change and you will have it. Good Luck on your continue journey!
    261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You are well on your way to reaching your goals!

My advice is not to view this as a diet but rather a new exciting lifestyle that you are embracing for the rest of your life. To me a diet not only implies a temporary change, but is often far to rigid to be sustained long term. Every once in a while I want to have my cake and eat it too!

The 3 things that have helped me succeed are:
    1) Honesty - to yourself and to others about what has caused you to get to where you are and what is realistic for the future. Also, honest in terms of no more excuses. My biggest hurdle was that I was lying to myself saying things like "I'm too busy to work out", "I'm big boned", "I'm not really that over weight", "I don't really eat unhealthy", etc. I no longer let myself get away with these excuses and I own my decisions and the possible consequences. If I decide to miss the gym or eat something unhealthy, I make a conscious decision to do so fully understanding the consequences.
    2) Support - It is very important to have a good support system in place. Coming here to MFP is a great start. Telling your friends, family and maybe even coworkers what you are doing and what your goals are also helps. They can help encourage you and keep you on track. For exercising, finding a owkrout buddy, going to group classes or hiring a trainer can also be very beneficial.
    3) Education - Learn as much as you can about nutrition and your body. Research and ask questions. Once again MFP is a great tool for this but keep in mind that sometimes opinons are just that. Talk to your doctor about what your goals are and ask for his/her advice.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    You are well on your way to reaching your goals!

My advice is not to view this as a diet but rather a new exciting lifestyle that you are embracing for the rest of your life. To me a diet not only implies a temporary change, but is often far to rigid to be sustained long term. Every once in a while I want to have my cake and eat it too!

The 3 things that have helped me succeed are:
    1) Honesty - to yourself and to others about what has caused you to get to where you are and what is realistic for the future. Also, honest in terms of no more excuses. My biggest hurdle was that I was lying to myself saying things like "I'm too busy to work out", "I'm big boned", "I'm not really that over weight", "I don't really eat unhealthy", etc. I no longer let myself get away with these excuses and I own my decisions and the possible consequences. If I decide to miss the gym or eat something unhealthy, I make a conscious decision to do so fully understanding the consequences.
    2) Support - It is very important to have a good support system in place. Coming here to MFP is a great start. Telling your friends, family and maybe even coworkers what you are doing and what your goals are also helps. They can help encourage you and keep you on track. For exercising, finding a owkrout buddy, going to group classes or hiring a trainer can also be very beneficial.
    3) Education - Learn as much as you can about nutrition and your body. Research and ask questions. Once again MFP is a great tool for this but keep in mind that sometimes opinons are just that. Talk to your doctor about what your goals are and ask for his/her advice.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
    *agrees whole heartdley with this* very good words of advice hun :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Lessons learned the hard way :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!