What would you rather be doing than be consumed with the add

Options
I have tried it all. And I am sick and tired of my focus for the day to be on food, what to eat and what not, how much, when, blah, blah blah.

I see a pattern within me that if my mind is so absorbed with this addiction that how can it be free to worship and hear the Lord God's will for me?
Kids are starting school next week and I want to get back to spending time walking and praying and writing.

Replies

• skinnyJD
    Options
    I love your plan!. I like to walk and pray for the neighbors to be blessed. I also love my bicycle but have to get back to doing that since several family members have been in the hospital lately. Sitting in rooms has added 30 lbs to me in 8 months. Now if I can just get that back off before Christmas.
  • twirlingangel
    Options
    One thing I learned from WW and have "tried" to stick to it but it is hard, is to not make things center around food. Ya know like when you have friends over, you worry about what to "feed" them, instead concentrate your efforts on fun, games, movies, whatever.

Reward different achievements with stuff other than food!!! I know my favorite reward use to be Chocolate or Ice Cream! That has been a hard one for me to break. Maybe a reward could be a new christian based movie to watch, or book to read or something like that!!!

It is hard because everywhere we turn we are surrounded by food! And usually not the healthy kind!

You will come out the winner! Good luck!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Thank you for your happy note. I was afraid of telling my feelings about how much I depend on Jesus and need to commit to Him even this need.

I also need to get a nick name of skinny. I love that! So, yes, skinny JD, I pray for your health, weight, exercise and eating to be lead by God today.

Dear God, Pleae take all my thoughts and put them on you. Please take all my cravings and put them on you. Please take all my cares and trust you.
    thats slimkcwriter, over and out.

P.S. I live in the Bay Area in California.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. We should put Jesus first in our lives before anything else. God wants us to be healthy and I know He'll help you with your weight loss. Good luck to you in your walk with God and with your writing and weight loss. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • katznketo
    Options
    Thank you so for the support. The kids just left and I am going walking. I will write tonight instead of eating. See ya later!
  • katznketo
    Options
    And P.S.

Because of your simple incouragement, I am going to put this date down. Aug 20 the day that I started the turn around on myhealth and my attitude of putting God first in my head instead of this food obsession and the commitment to let go of these surplus pounds once and for all.
  • twirlingangel
    Options
    Good for you!!!:happy: :wink:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    hello! I'd just like to chime in. I do the same thing...find myself obsessing and being more miserable for it.

When i first started this it was partially as a way to be a good steward of the body God gave me. When I have that as my focus I dont tend to get too far into the OCD of worrying about every little crumb.

Thank you for starting this thread. Its good to be reminded of the REAL reason for it all.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Good for you KC. You can do this. :happy:
  • katznketo
    Options
    Wow, what an encouragement. I haven't been on this site for months. this is the first time I've really shared my faith. Thank you.

Well, as I said I would, I went walking and then hours of shopping for a party I am putting on. I did great until I got home. I was so hungry, I kinda overate at dinner. but I am glad I walked and I am more commited than ever to pull it together. My friend says to write down what I am going to eat. I know that's the thing to do so here goes.
    Thanks to each one of you.
    Oh, and as I walked I started to pray for people and I stopped and said. God, please change me. Please change my health, my desires for food. Please change me.
    I gotta plan ahead because every night I blow it after a perfect day because I haven't prepared my food. Tomorrow is a new chance for the change God has in store for me if I let him. Be blessed. kc
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Be careful big brother is watching.

I try to devote as much time to figuring out what to eat and exercising as I do to my personal study. I meditate morning noon and evening; listen to bible, sermons while in the car. Eating the same things in cycles helps me too. Oatmeal for breakfast 2 days, then eggs two days. Tuna for lunch 3 days and greek yogurt 3 days.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Amen. I agree. :flowerforyou:
  • katznketo
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks for sharing what you eat and how. Please, I would love to hear more. I don't mind eating repetitiously. It works for me. Write now I am making some vegetable soup. I will break it up into two batches. One I will flavor with italian seasoning and when I eat it I will put on parmesean cheese. The other batch I will flavor with taco seasoning and crumble a few tortilla chips on top for a mexican flavor. I eat these with turkey meatballs for protein.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this board today....well....kinda stumbled on it.
    Lastnight the idea came to me while listening to a sermon at church that I should search for a Christian messageboard for support.

I was channel surfing lastnight and came across a show about gastric bypass surgery and the lady mentioned that she needs to re-train herself to NOT to look to food as a friend, but to make friends and look to food as nurishment.

I like the idea of planning cycles for meals and meditation. Great idea. I will have to put something together.

Dear God, I take all my thoughts and put them on you. I take all my desires, cravings and obsessive thoughts on food and give them to you. For you say in Luke 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible" therefore, I trust in you to take care of them for me. Bless everyone today.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a thing with meditation but, I have been working on giving my thoughts of food to God.

All my thoughts, desires, cravings and obsessiveness of food I give to God today. As a partner with Him, I trust that my desires, cravings and thoughts that are constantly driven to food will be cared for by Him and no longer will I have to dwell on them.

May you be richly blessed today.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Be careful big brother is watching.

I try to devote as much time to figuring out what to eat and exercising as I do to my personal study. I meditate morning noon and evening; listen to bible, sermons while in the car. Eating the same things in cycles helps me too. Oatmeal for breakfast 2 days, then eggs two days. Tuna for lunch 3 days and greek yogurt 3 days.

I might try that eating in cycles. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks Ivy. :flowerforyou: