224 lb 44 year old

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and I'm starting to get serious with weight loss. I've been using myfitnesspal for a while, but not intensely. I'm praying to do more with it. My goal is to get to 127 lbs. My biggest problems are portion sizes, and eating at night.

I was just on vacation and noticed how I huffed and puffed up hills, and I have trouble doing so much in life. Enough is enough.

Michelle

Replies

• 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Hi,

I totally get where your coming from. Feel free to add me if you want. I am a stay at home mom and I'm 284. I have lost 20.9lbs since mdi-April. I have started out slowly with the exercise because I couldn't do very much at a time. I was 304 when I started and I couldn't do a lot of things like hiking trails with my husband and kids. My kids are getting to the age where they want to go and do things and I would have to sit and wait for them to do it and my husband was trying to wrangle three kids alone because I was so out of shape I phyically couldn't do it. I am sick of it and I decided I don't want to sit on the sidelines as my children grew up I want to participate and I want them to remember US going and doing these things not mom taking them there and waiting for them to go do the fun stuff. It has been hard but it's so worth it too. The first time I went out the walking trail with them and they showed me all their favorite spots with those excited voices and smiles cemented that I WILL DO THIS. I can't tell you how happy it made me to make them so happy but it made me sad a little too because my choices ARE affecting my family. YOU CAN DO THIS...You got this. Like I said feel free to add me if you want :)

Angel