Calories v nutrition

Options
De61Hem
De61Hem Posts: 5 Member
this tracker is great for counting the calories but how do I ensure I get the right amount of nutrients? I've added iron to my tracking and it tells me I need 100per day but 100 what? The RDA is 15 mg.

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, MFP measures nutrients by percent. So 100 means 100% of your daily value.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, MFP measures nutrients by percent. So 100 means 100% of your daily value.
    Yep, I was just fiddling with my goals and they are indeed "%DV" or % of recommended daily value.

Many of the foods in the database do not have the full data, so it would be a challenge to use MFP for this TBH.
  • De61Hem
    Options
    Thanks for your post. any ideas how to track this? I've been seeing a dietician recently but she seems very reluctant to help with nutrient tracking.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. any ideas how to track this? I've been seeing a dietician recently but she seems very reluctant to help with nutrient tracking.
    cronometer.com perhaps, I used that to see how complete a days food was in terms of nutrition.
  • De61Hem
    Options
    Fantastic. Just what I needed. Thank you. X
  • De61Hem
    Options
    Fantastic. Just what I needed. Thank you. X