PCOS....

Options
Hi there,

Has anyone else out there been diagnosed with CPOS? (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) My doctor just called me last night to tell me:noway: ..... :frown: I cried all night:cry: .... and am worried that I won't be able to lose the weight I need to lose....:sick:

So if you have ever been diagnosed with CPOS I would love to talk with.

Have a great day everyone,

Melissa

Replies

• MissMe9669
    Options
    Hi there,

Has anyone else out there been diagnosed with CPOS? (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) My doctor just called me last night to tell me:noway: ..... :frown: I cried all night:cry: .... and am worried that I won't be able to lose the weight I need to lose....:sick:

So if you have ever been diagnosed with CPOS I would love to talk with.

Have a great day everyone,

Melissa
  • delightedin
    Options
    I haven't but a very good friend of mine has it. She has lost considerable amounts of weight on the Weight Watchers Diet and down the gym for an hour 3 days a week. If she can do it, so can you!! She says she does have more difficulty than most losing weight, but she has succeeded.

All the best to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I think you should check this out and you may be a little less stressed.

http://www.womentowomen.com/insulinresistance/pcos.aspx?id=1&campaignno=pcos&adgroup=ag2polycystic&keywords=polycystic+ovary+syndrome

All my best and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • c-grandma
    Options
    I have it. I'm 54, and it's hard to lose the weight, even tho I diet religiously and exercise most time 6 days a week, but it CAN be done. I'm thinking it's the age thing with losing the weight. Poly cystic doesn't mean you can't lose weight. Exercise, diet, and water-key ingredients. You CAN do it! Keep your chin up-Chris.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    bless your :heart: i'm sorry my mom has both that AND thyroid problems so i can understand where you are coming from...but it's gotta be nice to KNOW what you have, so now you can beat it!:flowerforyou: I know it will be hard but it can be done!
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. I lost weight following a diabetic diet and Weight Watchers. It comes off a little slower but you are still able to lose weight. I have found that I really need to watch my sugar intake and if I do eat it, I gain!
    Good Luck! You can do it!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have it. My doctor told me to eat almost like a diabetic and focus on portion control. I kinda used it as an excuse to gain weight. I told myself that I was fat because of PCOS and there was nothing I could do about it. I've changed a lot about my life recently and I've lost 15 pounds so far. I eat small portions and I eat healthier. I also have a regular workout plan. This hasn't only allowed me to lose weight, but it's also kept my periods regular without the pill. It's not impossible. Just watch what you eat and keep up the workouts. You'll be ok :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kels
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't actually have it although I was medicated for it a number of years ago as I had many, many symptoms related to it. The combination of the meds and low carb eating helped with my weight. You might search for a PCOS support group online. The only one I know of is related to infertility but I'm sure there are others where you could get support and suggestions from others going through the same things you are.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think that is what the doctor diagnosed me with. Its been so long I don't remember (good for me for knowing my own health issues:embarassed: )
    If it is sever bleeding, weight gain, and pain in the ovaries, and getting a mustache and having to shave your legs every day? that is me.

Would love to chat if you want to, just don't want to chat about this subject on a thread (its a little personal)

Charlene
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and information MFP's!! :heart:

:flowerforyou: