calories

Options
hi guys can any one help me i thought that a woman was only allowed 2000 calories a day but this is saying i can have 2195 a day seems a bit high to me

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    hi guys can any one help me i thought that a woman was only allowed 2000 calories a day but this is saying i can have 2195 a day seems a bit high to me
    You can eat as many calories as you want. The question is what are your current goals. Calorie intake is based on your activity level. If you're workout consists of lifting 5lbs to "tone" and you work in a office job, consuming 2000 calories a day will make you fat. Of course this is considering your height and weight.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    2000 is a 'reccomended guidline' for the WHOLE population. chances are its not right for everyone.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think 2000 is a bit high also many women on here are 1200 min and average around 1600/1800
    Have you entered all your stats correctly?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories a day is recommended for people who are a) at a healthy weight, and b) moderately physically active.

Being tall, being overweight, having a job where you are constantly moving, significant daily exercise, and so on, can all increase the number of calories you need.

At the end of the day, we are all dealing with averages here. We are eating an average amount of food based on the average metabolism rate for people of our general description and the average amount of physical activity we get.