Reasons for losing weight...?

Options
Just wondering what everyone's reasons for losing weight are :) Here are my top 5-

1. Being healthy and "normal"
2. Living a longer life and being there for my son
3. Looking awesome!!
4. Going shopping and trying on clothes without getting stressed out
5. Being able to like hot weather cos I can wear dresses and shorts!

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Basically to be able to put on a nice pair of denim shorts and a top in the summer rather than have the whole process of.. okay so I have these leggings that don't give me a muffin top, I now need to find a top that is long enough and baggy enough to cover me but without looking like a tent and something that will cover my arms and I need to wear flats so I don't look like a hippo on stilts.... etc etc :) haha
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    because I have been heavy allll my 30 years life.. and I really wanna know how it feels to be skinny like 104-130 skinny. I want to look sexy in clothes that I can not ever fit in right now.. And to wear sexy corsets, high heels, to feel and look like a woman and to also wear makeup. there is so many reasons why i want to lose weight..
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    To be healthier
    To look better
    To feel comfortable in any clothes
  • zhanaolivia
    Options
    Because last year I was 10kg lighter and frankly, I can't afford a whole new (larger) wardrobe. Plus, I was babing, and now I feel like an elephant and I'm embarrassed about my body and have no confidence. I want it all back, is all.

Also, my mum lost 20kg in the time it took me to gain 10kg - and I'm super proud and happy for her - but it makes me feel so useless and fat. She weighs as much as I did then, and her waist is the same as mine now. I need to be able to keep up with my 60yo mum, because right now it's killing my confidence.
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    I want to, and am going to have, a smoking hot body this summer in bikinis.... and grown men will marvel at my strength in the gym (haha already happened once!)
  • Penzi80
    Penzi80 Posts: 29
    Options
    I want to feel great, looik great and live a healthy lifestyle
    Being a little xtra makes someone loose their confidence so i want to gain back a little of that too
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Fear of dying
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am a larper and am determined not to look like star wars kid when fighting off monsters lol :-)
  • vickyraetownsend
    Options
    hate what I see in the mirror :(
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've gained around 15 pounds since buying my own house, and I have a wedding coming up in August 2013 :smile:
  • Jessastar
    Jessastar Posts: 234
    Options
    Well, here are my reasons.

1. My fiance is 5'7 & 110lbs (No, he's not anorexic, he has a REALLY fast metabolism that probably won't slow down ti'll he's 25-30. His dad had the same thing when he was a kid) and I look like a WHALE compared to him.
    2. you can imagine the stares we get when we link arms and walk down the street, it's horrifying. :/ Even everyone thinks it's wise to call out "FATTY" when we walk..
    3. I want a cheaper wardrobe. All the time when I go shopping, I see one shirt for $__ and I see the same shirt, but in a size M or L for $10 cheaper..
    4. I want to be healthy, diabetes runs in my family and something about needles doesn't seem appealing to me ;)!
    5. I want to be able to look good in pictures, I hate when people take pictures of me because I look horrifyingly fat. :/
    6. I'm a corset fiend, I LOVE them! I want to look 2048327x's better in them.
    7. I'm tired of being self-conscious in summer when I wear a skirt or jean shorts.. :/
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be healthy.
    2. I want to wear clothes that are appropriate for my height and body build
    3. I want to enjoy buying and making my own clothes
    4. I want to be smaller than my husband
    5. I don't want to have my weight being one of the reasons I'm afraid of getting laid off (not being able to get a job because I'm too fat).
    6. I want to have more energy, endurance, flexibility and strength.
    7. I just want to look good to my husband.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1. To be healthy
    2. So I can be there for my kids for a long time.
    3. To fit into the cute clothes in the stores.
    4. To have more energy.
    5. To look good for my fiance.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1) Being healthy, so I can get around and be active in my 80's and 90's!
    2) Bigger selection of clothing; I used to get depressed shopping for clothes when I was 182 lbs. Nothing fit. :(
    3) More energy! I've excericsed 5 days a week in the past (2009-2010), and I know how much better it makes you feel.
    4) Confidence boost! It just makes me feel better about myself, probably because I feel better overall.

Those are the main reasons.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    5. Being able to like hot weather cos I can wear dresses and shorts!
    I know what you mean! I'm there with ya!