What will your heart do today?

Mike
Mike Posts: 823 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
How powerful is your heart? Find out how much work your heart does in a day: amount of blood pumped, number of beats, the distance that blood travels, and more.

Check out our fun new heart calculator:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/p/heart

Hope you are enjoying the site!

- Mike & Al

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Man.......really puts some perspective on what the ol ticker does for me in a day. the least I can do is take it for a nice cardio bike ride:heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Interesting factiods, thanks Mike
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    thanks mike.....
    now i know why i am so tired all the time. traveling though body 3xs a minute. i need a nap:yawn:
  • Thanks Mike.
    LOVE this site.
    Thanks for that website.
    Most interesting.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Wow, that's amazing!! Thanks Mike and Al. :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    That's pretty cool! Thanks! :happy:
  • I would like to thank you for creating MY FITNESS PAL!!!!!!!!!!

You have helped so many people get on track with healthy eating!

I could not do this without this site!

THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Well how cool is that?!? Gonna have to let our kids try the new tool, too, bet they will be fascinated!!!

Thanks guys!!! :bigsmile: :heart: .... :heart: .... :heart: .... :heart: .... :heart: .....
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    P.S. if you are a digg user and you like the calculator, give us a digg here:

http://digg.com/health/How_powerful_is_your_heart
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    That was so cool, thank you!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Amazing! This info is very appreciated, and your work putting it out, thanks! You have changed my life more than you could know!
  • Castorix
    Castorix Posts: 4 Member
    I'm kinda skeptical about this. According to the calculator, my body contains 3 gallons/10 liters of blood. Since the body is made up of 7% blood, that should, for me, at 88kgs be about 6 liters. A bit too far off.
    I also miss a button that takes me back to myfitnesspal, so I wouldn't have to use the browser's back button.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I'm kinda skeptical about this. According to the calculator, my body contains 3 gallons/10 liters of blood. Since the body is made up of 7% blood, that should, for me, at 88kgs be about 6 liters. A bit too far off.
    I also miss a button that takes me back to myfitnesspal, so I wouldn't have to use the browser's back button.

Have no idea how you came up with your calculations, but I can solve the problem of the "button" to take you back to MFP. My directions are based upon a Windows op sys, using IE: Right click on link to calculator. Choose option to open in another window or another tab. This leaves the original MFP window open and available. When you are finished with the calculator, you can close the window or the tab that it was in, or leave it open, your choice, and resume using the MFP page that you originally had open.

BTW, many people don't realize that you can have multiple windows open to MFP and everything will still work fine.
  • Castorix
    Castorix Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the input. I'm aware of the various options different browsers give regarding multiple windows and tabs and navigation and such. From a user experience point of view it doesn't make sense to apparently make the page in question a dead end tho. Thus the suggestion. Of course it was way of topic. ;)

However, the totally weird result from the calculator wasn't something I came up with, but the calculator.
This discussion has been closed.