Help me resist!

Options
There is a stack of my mother's home made scones sitting on the kitchen table staring at me.

I just had one, with butter and jam, and it tasted so good. I am currently fighting the urge to have a second.

Tell me I can do it!

I have been using MFP on and off for a while now, and tend to stop logging when I start binging!

I just got back from a weekend away with my boyfriend and his parents and his mother is doing WeightWatchers and is losing weight on it. My own mother dropped two dress sizes in the past year or so and is now looking very svelte. I can't let myself lag behind like this, so its time to give it another go.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Back away from the scones!

Can you put them away in a cabinet, preferably behind something, where you won't see them? Out of sight out of mind (which only sometimes works for me with food!)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the scones ... and go and do ANYTHING else to distract yourself .... I have this same problem so good luck :smile:
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just think how you will feel after you eat it.....not great about it? Then just don't do it!!!! Go weigh yourself or something and see if you want to add on to the progress you are making?

You got this!! :flowerforyou:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Youve already had one, you dont need another. Its a scone, will it make you happier if you eat it?
  • skidia
    skidia Posts: 5
    Options
    Temptation successfully resisted! Thanks for the support, I needed that.

I skipped lunch thanks to the scone, and though I'm now hungry again I'm focussing my hunger on what to make this evening
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When that happens, get out of the house.