Protein Ideas for those who don't love meat???

Options
2»

Replies

• Opha30
    Opha30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I take a block of extra firm tofu, cut it into slices, brush a little bit of lite soy sauce on them and bake them for about 15 minutes at 350-400 degrees F. A slice or two during the day is perfect - not very high in calories and a decent amount of protein. It's nice too because 20 minutes Sunday night provides me with inexpensive tasty snacks for the week. It's great in wraps or on salads too.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    You can always go with whey (isloated for lean muscle and fat burn).
  • msleesha
    msleesha Posts: 39
    Options
    string cheese, cottage cheese, high protein special K, almonds are great, spinach, greek yogurt, protein shakes or meal replacement bars/drinks, Kashi go lean. just some ideas
  • lloydkr2
    lloydkr2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    when I was doing the zumba exhilarated 10 day challenge. I found a wheat english muffin with 1.5 Tbsps of Natural peanut butter and 1/2 of a banana sliced up and all put on the englsh muffin kept me full as well... Id also eat things like pistachios, sunflower seeds, spinach, fat free cheese..i tried greek yogurt it was not for me...i ate a lot of blueberries.....edamame was a good filler as well....but i wont lie i went through a whole jar of natural peanut butter in that 10 days (1 tbsp at a time) but i love peanut butter. You could do the protein water from special K or a protein shake as a snack. i ate tuna salad (it was mainly olive oil, tuna, pepper, and little red onion) on whole wheat. there are protein bars but read the labels cause you dont want it to get to sugary...i also ate organci microwaveable popcorn from the whole food market and dark chocolate to curb my cravings...but i also drank water with every meal and snack so i was consuming almost half my body weight in water...so hunger pains were less most days....

hope some of that helped. I'm still working on my 'food needs'
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I,too,use whey protein powder from Wal Mart,really inexpensive and couldn't do w/o it!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bumpalump.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    You're welcome! :)
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member