to those who dislike Jillian Michaels

Options
124»

Replies

• musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have tried Jillian Michaels workouts and have tried to like them, but they leave me cold. Her personality just does nothing for me, and her workout routines feel redundant and dull.

Agree 100%. I wanted so badly to like her and her workouts but found her irritating as hell and the workout unbalanced and boring.
  • tlhaynie
    tlhaynie Posts: 1
    Options
    She is tough. I like that. But I don't care for her personality. Then again she isn't trying to be liked but rather motivate you to work harder and loose weight.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like her fine but I don't know much about her other than the 30DS DVD and that she was on the Biggest Loser--and I deeply resent that show on principle. But personality-wise I don't know anything about her and don't care much. The 30DS workout, which I didn't even pay for, feels pretty good so far on level 1.

I will say that after the first 3 days I had to put it on mute and do the workout to my own music because I get easily irritated by the pushy motivational patter most trainers do on these DVDs. I'd probably feel that way about anyone though, I would think.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Her voice annoys me and I don't enjoy myself during her workout (tried 30DS).

I often think I may be the only MFP member who has never seen or heard Jillian Michaels. I've seen her ads on the this site, but never seen her in anything other than the ads. But my daughter recently gave me a JM DVD (not sure which one) that she didn't like and the reason above is why. She said she never, ever shuts up throughout the entire workout and has a really annoying voice and style. I haven't tried the DVD yet so I don't know if I agree or not.