Daily Vitamins?

Options
Hey everyone! So I noticed that I'm struggling with meeting all of my vitamin needs. I'm starting to make better choices but still not meeting the needs. Should I incorporate a daily vitamin? And if so what kind? Should I be focusing on different types of vitamins? Lost on this issue lol advice please :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I take a gummy multi-vitamin because it's the only kind I remember to take every day. So much for being an adult, eh?

What kind of multi-vitamin to take really depends on what you're not getting in your diet. I'd recommend looking at the broad spectrum vitamins like One-a-Day or Centrum. And I'd say you should take one specifically tailored for women.
  • laurac7888
    laurac7888 Posts: 19
    Options
    Gummies huh? That sounds fun! :) but I also here people talking about B and B complex saying it's good for your metabolism. Do you know about those?
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I take a gummy multi-vitamin because it's the only kind I remember to take every day. So much for being an adult, eh?

What kind of multi-vitamin to take really depends on what you're not getting in your diet. I'd recommend looking at the broad spectrum vitamins like One-a-Day or Centrum. And I'd say you should take one specifically tailored for women.
    LOL, I take a Flintone Complete vitamin everyday. There's not much difference in nutrients in those and a One-A-Day for women. And they taste sooooo yummy!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I am a vitamin and natural supplement junkie. Swanson Vitamins LOVES me! :heart:

I take the following on a regular basis:

women's daily multi
    zinc
    alpha lipoic acid
    biotin
    glucosamine & chondroiton

I'm thinking about adding a B vitamin as well.
    I also log my vitamins...I know some people don't, but I definitely do.

Good luck and good choices to you! :flowerforyou:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised about that with B vitimins. I know they are AMAZING when it comes to being an insect repellant.
    As for vitimins, daily I take
    - Nature Made Multi for Her
    - Omega 3 supplement (Omega Smart)
    - Cinnamon (to help with my insulin levels from PCOS)
    Then for my vanity, biotin (to help my hair grow thicker and longer)

That's it! :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I take the gummy women's vitamin, it has all the basic needs, including B vitamins. I also take a gummy calcium at night if I haven't met my calcium for the day, and an iron a couple times a week because I seem to hover around 70% for iron but it's also easy to overdose.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised about that with B vitimins. I know they are AMAZING when it comes to being an insect repellant.
    As for vitimins, daily I take
    - Nature Made Multi for Her
    - Omega 3 supplement (Omega Smart)
    - Cinnamon (to help with my insulin levels from PCOS)
    Then for my vanity, biotin (to help my hair grow thicker and longer)

That's it! :)

I have never heard of the insect repellant thing but I've always been a healthy eater (even as a kid) and I rarely get bit my insects. hmmmmmm
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I take a Multi-Vitamin for women plus a Calcium supplement with Vitamin D. I'm working on my metabolism by walking/exercising more and eating more. I started out at the 1200 caloric intake that MFP recommended, but I'm slowly raising that without gaining. My goal is to get my metabolism high enough to eat comfortably and not feel like I'm constantly counting calories.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I started taking Christopher's Vitalerbs and notice a difference in my energy level and just how I feel throughout the day. It's non-synthetic (plant-derived) and is multivitamin and mineral so I like that. It was recommended by my health food store and they really know their stuff! Downside: expense, but I've seen it online for sale so I'll just have to start buying it online I guess!
  • laurac7888
    laurac7888 Posts: 19
    Options
    So what about a vitamin that will help out my metabolism? I thought there were some out there... Tomorrow is my one week so I'm still very new to all things healthy.
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    I take a B complex wits in with Vitamin C and Biotin, a calcium supplement, and an Omega 3-6-9. I also take an iron pill twice a week.
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOVE gummy vitamins!! I took a kids brand for a few months, finally found a multivitamin for women that is yummy, "Vitafusion Women's Complete Muitivitamin Formula with Bone and Metabolism Support", flavor is "mixed berries".
    The other gummy I take is Walgreen's Fiber Select Gummies, a fiber supplement but label also states for "Weight Management", I take two of these daily, flavor also is Mixed Berry.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've read that gummy vitamins are better absorbed than the regular kind, so I'm going to look into those when it's time to buy more. I might have to order them online to get a vegan variety though.
  • cryssi31387
    Options
    I started taking the "Vitafusion Women's Complete Muitivitamin Formula with Bone and Metabolism Support" gummies three days ago. Since I started, I am SUPER HUNGRY all day after I take them, and I crave carbs. I've been really good with not cheating and eating super healthy, but the past few days have sure been a test of my strength!