Women - help?!

Options
I'm feeling alittle discouraged because I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said I had gained two pounds since last wednesday. Granted, I shouldn't have been weighing myself because I only do it once a week on wednesdays but, I had a feeling I had gained alittle. You know when you just feel puffy? lol I checked again today, same thing. I'm feeling discouraged because I haven't been doing anything differently. I am on my period though and I was wondering if that could be the reason or if anyone else experiences the same thing during their time of the month? Also, before I lost any weight, I was having very irregular periods. Since I lost 20 pounds this is my second period in a row I was also wondering if it could be my body getting itself regualr again? Sorry for the length post, thanks in advance!

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Water retention AKA water weight gain is notorious during your cycle. Don't weigh yourself while you are in your TOM.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Stay away from the scale during this time. I always gain 4lbs during this time. it is frustrating. Don't let it get you down. I am sure once you are done the weight will drop off again. :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    You are most likely just holding onto water thanks to TOM, esp if you feel puffy. Give it a few days, double your water intake, and try again.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm a pound heavier this week because I'm on my period. Just learn that your body does this and work around it once a month. Not much to be done about it except wait it out.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    dramatic weight loss can make your period fluctuate. plus you gain water weight.
  • Jessyka4
    Jessyka4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's helpful to know I mostly likely haven't put on a couple pounds of fat. LOL Maybe I'll skip my weigh in tomorrow to keep my spirits up.