Swimsuits!

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i just wish you could find over the shoulder swim tops instead of around the neck.
    next to impossible these days and it looks best on me.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My short legs. They look bigger than they actually are so I get high cut bottoms to elongate them.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My Insecurities:
    1. My stomach, woof.
    2. My thighs
    3. My butt, I think its too flat. Like a pancake.
    4. My flabby arms, including that little chub part that sticks out by my armpit.

This particular swimsuit is from JC Penny ($15 top, $10 bottom). I always mix and match bottoms and tops for fun.

2152629.jpg

This top is really flattering on you!! :)
  • ReachForward
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd call it an insecurity for me; it's just the facts. My upper thighs are saggy, wrinkly & flabby. My only option is the swim suits that are one piece and have shorts. I like those because the also cover up pretty much the rest of the flab too.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I like the cutout swimsuits that are one pieces. They look flattering on a lot of people. The cutout gives an illusion of that hourglass shape while the material in the torso can help to cover some "flab" in the stomach and kind of pull you together. The butt part of the swimsuit is also less likely to ride up than a regular 2 piece.

For those with small boobs, try the bandeau tops. They are soooo cute and I want to wear one soooo bad but they don't look good on my figure. They are super stylish and are made for your figure! You can match them with whatever bottom you want to make that part look more flattering too.

For the thighs part, try a sarong. I wear a sheer white sarong over my swimsuit, it's very trendy so you don't feel "old" and you can really hang out in it all day. When you take it off to get in the pool or ocean, the water is covering up your legs anyways. Everyone's body looks distorted in the water from the waves so you'll fully mask your thighs all day.

As far as the arms go, just do the "skinny arm" in pictures. Hand on your hip, arm turned outwards or back--practice in the mirror. It's hard to see how much weight I've lost in my arms because I got really good at holding my arms in a certain way for pictures to disguise how big they were.

Most of all, be confident in your swimsuit. Exuding confidence will take people's focus off of your body and onto YOU.

I think the cut outs are called monokinies which I am going to look into but I am thinking my love handles will be highlighted. Great advise though!