Something besides a Protein Shake....

Options
SmexAppeal
SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
I have been implementing Protein Powder into my diet as I totally suck at eating enough protein throughout my day. BUT, I'm slightly getting sick of the same old protein smoothie I have every morning. I need new ideas on how to incorporate these powders into other snack foods. My awesome friend ChrisDavey makes an oatmeal concotion with Protein Powder and Milk and then freezes it. It sounds good and I'm totally going to try that one. I also might try mixing some in with regular yogurt or almond milk.
BUT WHAT ELSE?! I know you all must have some fabulous ideas, so please... share :smile:

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea as I don't use protein powder... but I will happily post a free bump for you...
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I know people mix it into pancakes.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I get plenty, so I'm no help at all. I am not a fan at all of fake proteins. I believe in just eating the proper foods to get what you need. But, I do take a muti-vitiman for the trace minerals that I know I don't get in my diet.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Most protein powders by themselves really don't taste that hot - and if you mix them with just water, it can be downright nasty. I mostly only do shakes, and I never get tired of this one - it's my go-to post workout/recovery shake. I honestly drink this at least 4 mornings each week, and I almost think I work out just as excuse to have it:

- 8 oz rice milk, or coconut milk, or almond milk (or occasionally soy, but not often)
    - Isoflex chocolate protein powder (straight protein + BCAAs, glutamine, some creatine - I really like this powder, but it's $$$ :(
    - Half a cup (or more, I don't really measure) frozen blueberries (carbs + anti-oxidants)
    - Half a cup dry oatmeal (plain - good carbs + fiber)
    - 2 ice cubes

Blend the hiccup out of it, and drink. Oh, and you really do want the ice cubes to make it really thick and frosty, because if you don't thicken it up, the oatmeal will settle to the bottom. Not quite the same experience.

Optional ingredients: I'll often add half a banana if I have one, and sometimes 1 tblsp almond butter, or maybe a tblsp dextrose or some other carb powder, depending on how aerobic I've been, and how many carbs I feel like I need.

What is on my list to try, but I haven't done it yet, is add some protein powder to no fat greek yogurt, along with frozen blueberries and a tblsp of chocolate syrup.