Vitamins, Calcium & Iron not entered on database

Options
Hello there,

I've just started MFP last week and absolutely loving it so far. The only thing I'm wondering about is when I select a lot of my items (eg tea/coffee with milk, prawns, brocolli - anything really!) it regularly doesn't have things like vitamins, calcium and iron entered. Obviously there is calcium in milk, iron in brocolli etc etc...but why doesn't it show up? I have no idea how close or far I am from my daily nutrient goals because of this....

Is there a solution?

Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• alig99
    alig99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there -

You can adjust what shows up under Settings --> Diary Settings. Also, you can run a REPORT on your Nutrition and select what aspect you wish to display. Good luck!
  • heatherfrew
    heatherfrew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I mean when you go to add the food item to your diary, and you can show the nutritional data, it often says: Iron -N/A, Calcium - N/A, Vitamin C - N/A, Vitamin A - N/A ... is this because the information on the database has been entered by members, and isn't really verified? How do I know what information is correct?

At the end of the day when I look at my nutrition it might say about 8% iron, 15%calcium..even though I've eaten red meat and drank plenty milky coffee's or eaten cheese for example.

I hope that makes sense haha I'm beginning to confuse myself!!