Hot Flashes

Options
It seems since I started on here and since I've lost weight that my hot flashes have started getting worse. Is anyone else having that affect.

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have, but I don't think it's the weight loss, lifestyle change. I think it's just that I'm moving from peri-menopause more into menopause.
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I thought it was because my metabolism is revving up! Let's figure this out :)
  • leslisa
    Options
    I thought it was because my metabolism is revving up! Let's figure this out :)

You know, I wonder if it has to do with afterburn. I've always experienced it as an athlete (I used to run a ton). Didn't occur to me could be a connection.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Someone told me it was because I'm eating somewhat better but I think it could be because my metabolism is working on overdrive now lol
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your hormonal level can change along with your weight, fat stores all kinds of things. It should level out eventually (but man, hot flashes are NOT fun !)
  • leslisa
    Options
    Your hormonal level can change along with your weight, fat stores all kinds of things. It should level out eventually (but man, hot flashes are NOT fun !)

True that. I'm freezing, I'm freezing, I'm freezing, then, bam, I'm gonna die of overheating, I'm gonna die of overheating, I'm gonna die of overheating. Hubby told me I'm hotter in bed, too. Not in a good way either! I'm starting to make him sweat.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    Yep it is so not fun, I started taking Black Kohash, not sure I spelled that correctly only been taking them a few days as a friend suggested them. Bottle says take three times a day but she said try one a day, so far they aren't helping but it hasn't been a week yet, if after a week they still aren't helping I'm gonna take 2 a day because it's a natural remedy and I'm all for natural remedies. The time the hot flashes bother me the most is at night mostly. So far hubby hasn't complained about the heat lol
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It seems since I started on here and since I've lost weight that my hot flashes have started getting worse. Is anyone else having that affect.

TBH, I have noticed just the opposite...I am having fewer....which is terrific because normally when the hot weather starts, I am getting them constantly. Sorry about your problem, but I can empathize....believe me!
  • me2is4papa
    Options
    I agree with everything that i have read here about hot flashes. I believe it is menopause and it is our turn. You know the craiziest part is when I am in training and it is freezing cold, I need theses flashes to come then. You think they do? Hell, no! Not at all. I be like what da crap is this! I can't believe it, and it happens all the time. It never works when I need them too.! LOL
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I had them really bad last year and it seemed to speed up weight loss at the time, lol. Now that I'm using a BMF I can actually see spikes in the calorie burn tracking when I have a hot flash. The ones I get now are pretty mild though. Hard to say whether it's because I'm using a bit of natural progesterone cream, the flax seed in my smoothie, just where my body is at with the perimenopause routine, or whatever. Good luck with that.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that my hot flashes became more tolerable when I started to exercise more. With physical exersion, you sweat anyway. So I embrace my sweating sessions in the gym, and the occasional hormonal sweating has become more ok...
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I agree with everything that i have read here about hot flashes. I believe it is menopause and it is our turn. You know the craiziest part is when I am in training and it is freezing cold, I need theses flashes to come then. You think they do? Hell, no! Not at all. I be like what da crap is this! I can't believe it, and it happens all the time. It never works when I need them too.! LOL

I agree with you here lol, thanks for making me laugh
  • Gatorclint
    Options
    Nope, I'm the same.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    Nope, I'm the same.

Hon this is the women's section lol
  • Gatorclint
    Options
    Hello, it's your hubby!