PB2 - what do you use it in? Any good recipes?

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
I think I'm going to break down and buy some PB2 and chocolate PB2 online. I've seen a couple recipes floating around here, but would like to know what else you use PB2 in..... so please share.

Replies

• Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    so far just in green smoothies (spinach, frozen banana, milk, pb2 vanilla greek yogurt). oh and for apple dip.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Ohhh, apple dip sounds good. What do you use for the base? Plain greek yogurt?
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Does anyone ever find the PB2 in grocery stores? If so, which grocery stores?

Thanks!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    You can use their store locator here:

http://www.bellplantation.com/locator/

Nothing anywhere near me so I just ordered some on Amazon.
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use it w/chocolate protein powder smoothies and also add it to brownies. I use it as a topping for vanilla frozen yogurt. I make it and eat it with chocolate graham crackers. I love, love, love peanut butter & chocolate so this is a lower calorie way to get that flavor.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in my morning oatmeal. For apple dip, I just mix it with water ..... yummy with granny smith.

It's good as a spread for graham crackers (especially PB2 with chocolate). I've not tried any recipes.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I like a tablespoon mixed in with Fage 2% Greek yogurt. That and a bit of granola and I am good for a couple of hours.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I've added it to granola, icecream, smoothies. Had it on sandwiches, in shakes, as a fuit dip, spread it between bananas then placed in the freezer (like a frozen PB and and banana sandwhich). I've added it to nut brownie recipes.

I like to mix the chocolate and regular PB2s for the best flavor. I also add cinnamon to the PB2 sometimes!

I've tried microwaving it. No good... gets a weird texture and taste.

I personally did not like it in my plain 0% Chobani yogurt... but thats just me!

I have not really "cooked" with it but plan to try a Pad Thai recipe I found here soon!
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    Also, its really pretty when drizzled on top of fruit and desserts ;)
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I like it a little sweeter, so add 1 packet of truvia to 2 tblspns, Add water, make peanut butter, and spread liberally all over a banana! YUM!..

I can have a double portion of the stuff for 100 calories (it's 1/4 the calories of Peanut butter) It tastes more like natural peanut butter than Jif - if you eat the natural peanut butter, think of how it would taste if you drained all the oil off the top, and instead mixed in a little water for consistency.

Anyhow - I just ordered 3 more packs from netrition.com - they have a good price. one for me, 1 for a friend, and one for my personal trainer who was hooked when he added some to his chocolate protein powder/shake.

Enjoy!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • hedoyle
    Options
    I mainly use it in smoothies, but I also use it as a flavor enhancer for foods that aren't naturally sweet. For instance, for a snack or sometimes a meal, I make a bowl of 2% plain Greek yogurt, add a small handful of chopped walnuts, a tablespoon of PB2, and then a little honey to offset the sourness of the yogurt. It's so good! I do think full-fat, natural peanut butter is pretty good for you in moderation (it's full of monounsaturated fat, one of the healthy fats), but PB2 is wonderful if you just want the flavor. I don't think I'd like it as a regular peanut butter (mixed with water) for sandwiches, though...

Any more suggestions? I'm curious too.
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been using it to make a peanut-miso salad dressing -

1 tbsp PB2
    1 tsp rice vinegar
    1 tsp sugar
    1 packet miso (from instant miso soup mix)
    A few drops sesame oil or 1 tsp sesame seeds
    Water to make it the right consistency

I pour this over salad greens, and sprinkle the dry miso soup packet over it for garnish. Works out to around 100 calories.
  • hedoyle
    Options
    That sounds good! I might try mixing it with tahini some time now for a salad dressing (similar to the one you mentioned).
  • welshsn
    Options
    i found my powder PB2 at walmart
  • jenpinkrn
    Options
    Got mine at walmart. I use it to make PB&J's on light italian bread for 160 per sandwich. (smuckers only fruit) I add it to my protein shakes and when I really just have a craving for something sweet I add a few semi sweet mini chips to 2 tbs of PB2 for a low cal treat. I haven't done it yet but plan to put it in some chicken dishes for a lower calorie thia peanut.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    In oatmeal! Or in a bowl and eat it with a spoon!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I made a spicy peanut sauce with it to control the fat and sodium... I just mixed it with water, a little agave, cayenne pepper, a little rice vinegar and a dash of soy sauce. Used it as a dip for spring rolls. Then I mixed the rest with a little more rice vinegar, tossed with leftover spaghetti & chopped raw veggies (cucumber, red bell pepper, green onion, shredded carrots) for a spicy peanut salad. I love the stuff. Amazon has good pricing for multiples.