Post vacation blues?

Options
I need to vent if that's okay. I don't know what's wrong with me. You know how it is when your world seems to be falling apart but it's really not? It seems like it's just been one thing after the other happening, and even though they've been fairly minor things they are still bringing me down. Our vacation didn't go quite the way I had hoped with everyone getting head congestion or food poisoning. Then my 2 year old has turned into a terror over night with kicking and screaming and grunting and attitude! He's always so good! Now he's constantly wanting my attention! My hubby and I have been irritated with each other lately and saying mean things to each other. I've been easily angered and irritated with everything, which isn't like me.
I'm suppose to go to a Bible study this morning and I don't want to go. I just want to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I will probably go because I know it will be good for me but I really don't want to.
We are also having our first prayer meeting at our house on Saturday. We've never done this before but it's something we've wanted to do for awhile. Ever notice when you plan to do something good you get hit with bad things? Anyone? Maybe that's why all these things are happening. Or maybe it's just life. I just feel like crying and getting mad and it's not even that time of the month.
I just needed to vent. I don't really feel much better but I will eventually. On a funny note, my son is spanking himself because I just got after him for hitting me. :laugh: He does that some times, spanks himself that is. The hitting thing is new and it had better become old real quick.
Thanks for listening.
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I need to vent if that's okay. I don't know what's wrong with me. You know how it is when your world seems to be falling apart but it's really not? It seems like it's just been one thing after the other happening, and even though they've been fairly minor things they are still bringing me down. Our vacation didn't go quite the way I had hoped with everyone getting head congestion or food poisoning. Then my 2 year old has turned into a terror over night with kicking and screaming and grunting and attitude! He's always so good! Now he's constantly wanting my attention! My hubby and I have been irritated with each other lately and saying mean things to each other. I've been easily angered and irritated with everything, which isn't like me.
    I'm suppose to go to a Bible study this morning and I don't want to go. I just want to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I will probably go because I know it will be good for me but I really don't want to.
    We are also having our first prayer meeting at our house on Saturday. We've never done this before but it's something we've wanted to do for awhile. Ever notice when you plan to do something good you get hit with bad things? Anyone? Maybe that's why all these things are happening. Or maybe it's just life. I just feel like crying and getting mad and it's not even that time of the month.
    I just needed to vent. I don't really feel much better but I will eventually. On a funny note, my son is spanking himself because I just got after him for hitting me. :laugh: He does that some times, spanks himself that is. The hitting thing is new and it had better become old real quick.
    Thanks for listening.
    Melissa
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Don't worry, things will turn out o.k.! Keep your chin up and when you all get settled back into your 'non vacation" lifestyles, I bet things will go right back to normal. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wow. You know the saying, "When it rains, it pours." Just sit back, relax, take a deep breath and find something funny in the situation(s) you are encountering. They are, after all, only temporary. Look down at that little face and remember, these times are short and worth treasuring. Maybe a little reassurance would be that my son, now 8, is the best well behaved child a parent could ever dream of. Not so, when he was 2 & 3! I used to be at my wits end! He used to get angry and bite his arm OR my all time favorite...banging his head against a wall (UGH) They just get so frustrated and they aren't sure how to express their feelings. It will all too soon pass, and you'll look back and smile. Try not to let lifes trials get the best of you:smile:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I have an 18 mnths old that has learnt the word NO a a princess (she got a certificate from Disney on our vacation last nov) who will be 3 next mnth and thinks she is the boss of everyone(and she bites) and a 6 1/2yr old that only talk about boys bits burping and farting all I can say is CAMOMILE TEA and the number 10 is a good number.

I know the feeling about being down when we got back last november I was so down it was a big let down my parents own a villa in davenport so my mum tagged along but thought t would be fun for my dad and bro to join us in the 2nd week it just wasn't our holiday anymore they totally took over I can't wait till next AUG 09 when we will go again for 3 wks just us and the kids this time though.

Hang in there it'll be alright in week or so.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It seems like it's just been one thing after the other happening, and even though they've been fairly minor things they are still bringing me down.......My hubby and I have been irritated with each other lately and saying mean things to each other. I've been easily angered and irritated with everything, which isn't like me......I just feel like crying and getting mad and it's not even that time of the month.

I know you probably don't want to hear this but if you are not eating enough calories it will affect your mood and your outlook on life. Your brain needs calories to function. You might need to bump it up from 1200 to 1300 or 1400. (Unfortunately it won't help your kids :laugh: I wish.....then it would solve my "princess problem")

I worked with a boss that decided she was going to go into a body competition. Like bodybuilding only not as extreme. Anyway she was on this high protein, low cal diet and was drinking 6 GALLONS of water every day, plus working out for 4 hours everyday, trying to get muscled definition. Anyway, she went from being a normal person to the WITCH FROM HELL because of calorie deprivation(which I'm not saying you are:happy: ) And she was not doing this on her own....she was working with a trainer and a nutritionist and doing everything by the books. All I'm saying is everybody's body's are different and even though statistically her body should have been able to handle what her trainer and nutritionist were telling her to do........it didn't. She actually started screaming at a client one day and almost took her out!!! (She wasn't on drugs either)

Long story short....even upping 50 calories a day might make a difference in your mood. It might slow your weight loss a little but if it helps keep you and your family sane it might be worth a try.

Those are my thoughts, I hope if you decide to try it that it helps!!!!

Kayla