Anyone else lose their appetite in the summer?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was the only one!!! Most ppl think I'm crazy when I say that.

I don't force myself to eat, that can make me feel worse. I mean eventually you will eat... it will balance out. (my 2 cents...) I find that eating cold fruits is most tolerable for me when I feel that way though.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! :tongue: I have the opposite problem! I eat (and drink!) much more in the summer months!

I drink during the summer too. Its hard not to have a tasty margarita on a summer day.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Yes, i tend to eat a lot of cereal or things that are cold or uncooked. I live in the south and it's just too hot to turn an oven on. Now, when we grill out that's a different story, but that's not everyday. If you want to beef up your menu try some protein shakes, greek yogurt, nuts, protein bars, or salads. Just make sure you're getting enough nutrients.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Lose my appetite? I could wish! :laugh:

ME TOO!

I have noticed I lose my appetite for certain foods but never do I not want to eat. :happy:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Nope, if anything my appetite increases in the summer months.

Icecream is my downfall!

In the winter I tend to cook more casseroles, where I can easily work out the calories. In the summer, it's all BBQ and quick stuff, and I know that my weight loss has slowed down a little because I'm finding it so much harder to stay on target.

In the winter I'm happy to do a lot more exercise too - in the summer I just want to laze....... bad me!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I don't have much of an appetite during the warmer months (been that way as far back as I can remember). I even get nauseous sometimes when it's really warm out. I do still try to eat though, but I find I crave juicy stuff like salads, watermelon, peaches, cherries... and then in the winter months I go into hibernation mode where I only want comfort foods! **sigh**
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    YES!!!!!! so happy im not the only one! its so strange, in the winter i wanted to eat everything and now i never seem to be hungry or even want to eat! cold food seems to be all i want, so ive been eating lots of salads, cold sandwiches and lots of cereal, just make sure you're getting enough calories and nutrients.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I doubt it is wise to "force" yourself to eat. If not hungry,don't eat anything... wait...you will be! While you are "not hungry", just prepare a salad, put it in the fridge and eat it when you are ready:)
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    yes, but then my "consume lots of beer" cravings kick in *kicks rocks*
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have to force eat in summer- i forget to make food as i just dont get hungry! Its because we fill up on liquids x
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well.

I'm weight training, and am trying to eat small, healthful meals every 3 hours to keep my metabolism up. But it's really difficult in the warm weather, I'm just not hungry!

Lighter meats, veggies, and fruits seem to be alright. I love drinking a lot of water and tea, though!

Good luck, hopefully you find your summer stomach soon :)
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im totally taking advantage of my change/loss of appetite during the summer. I lost the first 4lbs w/out really paying attention. My appetite is reduced and I tend to crave fruits and vegetables anyway.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I find that when the warmer weather sets in, I just dont have an appetite. In the past week I have been very busy, but it has also been running in the mid 80's, and I find myself only eating once or twice a day. Im just not hungry. I know this is very bad for me, but how do I force myself to eat???

"Im just not hungry. I know this is very bad for me ..."

Actually, I disagree. Our bodies change and react to our environment and knows us better than we know ourselves. In the summer when it's warm you need less food. In the winter your body calls for more food to keep warm. I think eating when you are NOT HUNGRY is worse. Think of your body as a fuel tank on a car .... you can only put into it what you need to get where you're going. If it isn't calling for food (hunger signals) then you're doing enough, If you start moving around more (driving) you're going to need more fuel in the form of fuel.

However, "the experts" want us to believe that watching the clock and not listening to and honoring our bodies is what is best for us. You've got the first part down by paying attention to your body and knowing you aren't hungry .... so eat when you are hungry, stop when you're satisfied. That's the ultimate respect for your body .... and It's how I've lost weight.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I just find myself wanting more fruit in the summer. I can blow through watermelon like nobody's business.