Ready to go run

Options
Going for a walk/jog with my friend, hop to get in at least an hour run atleast 15 minutes of that. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Morning Destiny

I ran 3 times this week - not for long.. each time was about 20mins... im not a great runner...Anywhoo i have blistered feet and my calves hurt!! :cry: so im going to get some new trainers with a friend from work where they fit them to your feet! cant wait!!!!

Then i can run run run for a long time!!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Blisters are usually caused by wearing inappropriate socks. Make sure they are not cotton, but some poly blend. I like the ones that are double layered so that the layers rub together instead of your foot to the shoe.

Good Luck.:happy:
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Blisters are usually caused by wearing inappropriate socks. Make sure they are not cotton, but some poly blend. I like the ones that are double layered so that the layers rub together instead of your foot to the shoe.

Good to know. for the first time after I ran yesterday, I noticed a tender area at the ball of my feet from friction that I never had before.
    Off to buy new socks!!!!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Good to know. for the first time after I ran yesterday, I noticed a tender area at the ball of my feet from friction that I never had before.
    Off to buy new socks!!!!

:noway:
    Lol.. all my socks are cotton - i will look out for new ones.. thanks for the tip! :bigsmile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Just a tiny piece of advice for those of us in America- Target has some nice Champion brand sports clothing (including non-cotton running socks complete with arch support) for considerably less than other places. I'm sure they probably aren't quite as high quality, but if you happen to be economically challenged it's a good solution in a pinch. :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Just a tiny piece of advice for those of us in America- Target has some nice Champion brand sports clothing (including non-cotton running socks complete with arch support) for considerably less than other places. I'm sure they probably aren't quite as high quality, but if you happen to be economically challenged it's a good solution in a pinch. :smile:

I have to agree. I have some very comfortable champion wicking shirts too. They were listed in Runnersworld is a suggestion to go where there is a budget involved. However, there was a comment that the running skirts were cute but the seams were in bad places and made them uncomfortable to wear.