Keeping friend list small??

I had over 50 people on my friend list a few weeks ago. I found that not very many of them were posting or commenting on anything I did or said. I made a point of sending messages and encouragement to them. I finally decided that was one of the reasons I got in the shape I'm in - focusing on others before myself.
SOOOO I whittled that list down to 25 and you know what?? I feel good about it.
Anyone else like to keep it simple?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    I could not agree more with you Lori.. I had a friend send me a message cause she wanted to add some of my friends as friends.. Well I looked & she never or hardly ever comments on anyone's stuff including mine.. So I wrote her back & told her honestly that I have friends who motivate me to besides just me motiving them.. We have to focus on us during this journey & sometimes that means leaving the ones behind that are only holding us back.. So glad I made the cut & so blessed to have you as a friend... :flowerforyou:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Thanks Mary! You know I gotta keep my Sunshine!!
  • gkcimino
    gkcimino Posts: 25 Member
    It may sound snobbish but I really screen the people I send friends request to. I want people who are about the same age as me and with about the same amount of weight to lose. I think that they can relate better to me and me to them-that way we can be more supportive. And if you haven't logged in for a week then I delete you.:wink: I could never manage a list of more then 30 people
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    If people add me then thats nice and I have no reason not to accept but I dont care if I have friends or not.
    This isnt facebook..
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    I too felt like I would relate to people my own size and age more than others. I have added some people because I know them IRL.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    If people add me then thats nice and I have no reason not to accept but I dont care if I have friends or not.
    This isnt facebook..

This!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    I often decline friends requests. I like to keep the number of friends low, so I can fully support an motivate each one. Like you, I like to comment and get comments. I like to give and recieve the support. I don´t feel like I have to accept requests from total strangers. I always write them and ask why they want to be friends with me. Until now no one answered that question. So I can fully understand you. Keep it up! :smile: