Don't have any motivation today...

Options
What do ya'll do on those days when you just do NOT want to go workout? I seroiusly need someone to yell at me and remind me why im doing this.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I look back at my pre-weight loss photos and remind myself that I got away from that shape by watching what I eat and going to the gym, and if I keep putting off exercise, I'm eventually going to be like that again.
  • lmsmith81
    lmsmith81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Drag yourself.. these are the days you need to go the most and you truly will feel better afterwards. In my office we support each other.. but its with humor as well.. when I walk out and see my assistant eating things she shouldn't be I yell at her "PUT THE COOKIE DOWN!" We will never reach our goals with out hard work and sacrifice.. :) get to the gym!
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. You just have to remember why you are doing this. For me it is a life style change and eating healthy and exercising is now natural. Not to get on you but I can't stand when someone needs another person to motivate them. You know why you decided to go on a diet or life syle change and that has to be your motivation. Hang in there
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Get off your butt, no one ever said, man I regret that workout, but you will regret not working out. I look at my progress pics to motivate me. You have pinterest? They have a lot of motivational stuff for fitness.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Get off your butt, no one ever said, man I regret that workout, but you will regret not working out. I look at my progress pics to motivate me. You have pinterest? They have a lot of motivational stuff for fitness.

yes i do actually have pinterest, ill have to look thanks girl =)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I keep my weight loss chart with my goal line marked on my bathroom mirror so I see how far I came and were I want to get to.
  • EmilyECole
    Options
    For me, that feeling usually comes while I'm imagining putting in another difficult, intense workout. Yes, it always feels good afterwards, but sometimes I just am NOT up to that, so I give myself a "break" by doing very light exercise. Do jumping jacks for a few minutes, play wii fit, take the dog for a walk. Yes, those things may only burn a fraction of the calories as your normal routine, but it's important to know that even a light workout is better than nothing. And if you can squeeze 15 or 20 minutes out of yourself (even if its just during commercial breaks!), you can at least feel proud that you did SOMEthing when you felt like doing absolutely nothing at all.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. You just have to remember why you are doing this. For me it is a life style change and eating healthy and exercising is now natural. Not to get on you but I can't stand when someone needs another person to motivate them. You know why you decided to go on a diet or life syle change and that has to be your motivation. Hang in there

Ummm if you don't need motivation, why do you have my fitness pal friends, we can all use motivation and support on some days! What's your pinterest name, I'll follow ya ashmeg.?
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    ^^Ditto!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway. Not much else you can do! But I garuntee youll be happy you did it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    UGH THEN USE WILLPOWER INSTEAD.
    You said you wanted this, were you fibbing or was it just cause you were motivated that day and it sounded cool out loud?
  • ctoteh86
    ctoteh86 Posts: 16
    Options
  • ctoteh86
    ctoteh86 Posts: 16
    Options

You can only speak on YOU. Most people need a motivation friend, or a gym/workout buddy to help get you going on those days you want to stay home and be lazy. We all have those days. If we didn't we wouldn't need to lose weight in the first place. Everyone needs encouragement even if its just other people noticing your losing weight and commenting on how good you look. I for one need motivation especially with kids, a husband, and a dog running around my house. Sometimes I just want to sit and watch TV. Or eat what they are eating. Watching other people lose weight is my motivator. I'm feel like no one is better than me, if she/ he can do it, I can do it too! They not about to be 20 pounds lighter and I'm still the same old over weight me. But to each its own.
  • amtru2015
    Options

You can only speak on YOU. Most people need a motivation friend, or a gym/workout buddy to help get you going on those days you want to stay home and be lazy. We all have those days. If we didn't we wouldn't need to lose weight in the first place. Everyone needs encouragement even if its just other people noticing your losing weight and commenting on how good you look. I for one need motivation especially with kids, a husband, and a dog running around my house. Sometimes I just want to sit and watch TV. Or eat what they are eating. Watching other people lose weight is my motivator. I'm feel like no one is better than me, if she/ he can do it, I can do it too! They not about to be 20 pounds lighter and I'm still the same old over weight me. But to each its own.

LIKE!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sorry I thought you said you wanted someone to yell at you, not explain motivation. my bad.
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway. The only workout that you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Famous saying
    "I really regretted that workout."
    --No one ever
  • amtru2015
    Options
    sorry I thought you said you wanted someone to yell at you, not explain motivation. my bad.

Those posts weren't directed at you :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    What do ya'll do on those days when you just do NOT want to go workout? I seroiusly need someone to yell at me and remind me why im doing this.
    No, but I sure as heck have days when I eat everything in sight.
    I love exercise - never miss it.
    And then I'll rush out and eat like a government mule to cancel the affects. HATE THAT!
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do a workout in disguise. I play street hockey, soccer or basketball with my kids. Go on a bike ride, hike or a walk. Pick up a jumprope and do some drills.