temptations

Options
So Yesterday my best friend came back from vacation in America (We live in Israel) it was sooo great to see him! But... he also brought me back a HUGE supply of my favorite American food: JELLY BELLIES!
Now what do i do?? i LOVE these jelly beans and i cant bare the thought of throwing them out, they endured a 12 hour flight just for me!
HELP!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    make a bunch of little gift packages with them, give them to your friends, that way you're not wasting them, and not eating them. Keep some for yourself though, there's no reason to not have a few as a treat every couple of days. That's what I would do anyway. Good luck.
  • trudance45
    trudance45 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    keep a treat day for yourself, and eat some of them yourself. that way you have somethiing to look forward to :) my treat day is a saturday lol ;) xx
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Whenever we get any large bag of any treats in our house (have two small kids), I immediately put them into sandwich bags as their serving size. That way, even if I decide to treat myself, I know exactly how many calories I'll be eating and won't golf down the whole bag. :)
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    Yeah I agree with the sandwich bag idea, I was going to suggest splitting them up into smaller portions where you know how many calories are in them and then having them as a treat when you have some calories left. I know if I want a treat I exercise more so you could do extra exercise and then treat yourself to some!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    After losing 50 pounds I think it would be appropriate for you to throw them at your friend one by one! :angry:

I would think your friend should know how far you've come and even though it was thoughful he could have got you a small bag. Anywho - don't throw away all your success just because they're your favorite food, its not worth it! I like the sandwich bag idea. Maybe treat yourself once a week or once every other week with them. Since jelly beans have a rather long shelf life I don't think you have to worry about them going to waste!
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Options
    After losing 50 pounds I think it would be appropriate for you to throw them at your friend one by one! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: