Week 5...no change in 2 wks...stalled already???

Options
My total weight loss has been 10 lbs...3 of those was a long time ago...I have been consistently tracking/logging/weighing in for 5 weeks now. I saw a 7lb weight loss but all in the first 3 weeks. Weigh in for weeks 4 and 5 showed no change.

I know I shouldnt focus so much on the scale but is it possible to stall this soon??

Anyone else seen this kind of thing in their journey??

Wanna stay motivated :) Diary is open as well if you would like to look

Replies

• loseequalsgain
    Options
    You could always be gaining muscle. Do you measure?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's tough. Look at it this way- You've lost 10 lbs. in 5 weeks, regardless of when, I think that's considered terrific, not a stall. It never comes off in a straight line. It's like our bodies drop a bunch then recover for weeks, then drop a bunch more sometimes? I don't know but don't take it as a report card. Weigh less if you can. It takes a lot of time. Don't start tweaking things yet.
  • foberlin
    foberlin Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you have a scale that lets you see your percentage of muscle and fat? I'm in the same boat as you are - eating better, working out a ton but the scale doesn't move when I weigh myself at home. My trainer at the gym weighs me once a week and even though the total weight isn't changing, I am gaining muscle and losing fat, as well as losing inches overall.

Sometimes looking at the different types of measurements helps. Good luck!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Are you doing something like Insanity, Jillian, etc? I honestly did 30 Day Shred and then Ripped, and I lost 0 pounds in two months. But I lost 4 inches off my waist. So it may not all be in vain.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    Sounds normal to me! Some weeks I'll be really good and lose nothing, another week I'll go to parties and restaurants and lose lb's. It's important to remember that our bodies are not machines. All sorts of things happen which affect loss - time of the month, exercise, heat, sodium, water...

Keep up the good work, and you will lose again. Just look at the bigger picture :happy:
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look small in your picture. If you don't have much to lose, it is painfully slow and all about nutrition. That said, I've been working on the last five pounds for over a year :noway:
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your weight loss goal is an average over time. If you're at week 5 and you're set to 2 pounds per week, then you're right on track. Don't lose hope.

Also keep in mind that you might not be seeing it on the scale, but your body is still changing.
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Maybe track your sodium too. I started doing that and was amazed that I was eating so much sodium! Once I tracked it and kept it under 1500 or 1600 for a week or so I started losing again. Just an idea, but you are doing great! Keep it up!!
  • amysuespears
    amysuespears Posts: 127
    Options
    Judging by your diary from the past 4 days, you're not eating the right foods and you're not eating them regularly. Some days you are eating on a regular schedule, but other days you're not. I saw yesterday where you only ate 1500 calories and then exercised 700+ calories... you're not eating enough calories for that day. If you would like to add me as a friend and view my diary, you are more than welcome to do that. I have some wonderful and inspiring people on my friend's list who are determined and supportive, and I am very blessed for that.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation for the same amt of time! I have noticed that my clothes are fitting better, so I think that it may be muscle or not drinking enough water for me. We just need to stick with it because doing what we're doing is still better than not doing it! I think that one of these weeks we'll have a drop again. At least we're not gaining right? The other point that a friend told me is to ask me how long it took me to put on the weight. The answer was the 10 lbs I just loss took me a little over a year to put on. Puting it in that perspective it made me feel better of what I have accomplished in the past month.

I just took a look at your diary and it might be the processed/fast foods. Hate to say it because I'm the occasional offender with all of our busy schedules. The sodium is going to make you retain fluids. I feel better myself when I stay away from them.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look small in your picture. If you don't have much to lose, it is painfully slow and all about nutrition.

+1 This is what I was thinking, too. Just be persistent and eventually it will just HAVE to come off! :)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just looking at a couple days - it could be the high sodium intake. I know that is one of my biggest road blocks. Maybe add some fresh fruits and veggies? Maybe on one of your not as busy crazy days you could grill up extra chicken breasts and make your own chicken sandwiches for lunch? Good luck - don't let this discourage you! You are doing GREAT! :smile:
  • loseequalsgain
    Options
    And I also see a lot of eating out in your diary. Maybe you need a better eating
    schedule.
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    same exact thing happened to me! I was SO fustrated I was ready to give up-all the exercise,and counting and logging for what? Well,DON'T give up! I kept plugging away.Sweating and logging after getting encouragement from my MFP friends,and about a week later,I started losing again.I don't get on scale daily because its to discouraging for me,but I'm losing about a pound to pound n half a week.I would like to lose 10 lbs a week but...:tongue:
    Anyway,don't give up,don't get discouraged and keep doing what your doing.It will pass.I kno because it happened to me.The end of April I weighrd 200 lbs<stalled for almost 3weeks bout the middle of May and of June 7,i weigh 183.IT GETS BETTER>
    Hang in there
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...very good suggestions. I do eat out a fair amount, due to my crazy work schedule, but always try to get something alittle healthier than the alternatives. I guess only time will tell but this input is very helpful. Nice to have this community to give shed some light when you are kinda lost.