SC Mom looking for motivation :)

Options
I am 31 years old and looking to lose anywhere from 70 to 100 lbs. I work from home full time, am married, and have a 2 1/2 year old little boy that was diagnosed with ASD and Apraxia last August. To be honest - I never lost the pregnancy weight and being an emotional eater - gained 20 more pounds on top of that when we were going through the ASD stuff with my son. Now - I want to be healthy - I don't want my knees to hurt when I first get up and I want to keep up with my super active kid. I want to be the wife and mother I think my family deserves - and I want to be as cute as I was at 28 :) I'm trying to go from 240 to at least the 150/160 range - though "the charts" have my healthy at 125.
I am a really great motivator - but I never listen to myself. I always feel like I have to go this alone - but that clearly hasn't worked for me - and now that I'm officially "in the 30s" I need to do something now as it will only be more difficult from here.

Replies

• angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm a 38 year old NC mother, you're welcome to add me if you like.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You can get a lot of support from this website. Feel free to add me as a friend. good luck with your son. We are in the weight loss journey together.