How do you motivate someone not to give up?

Options
I started this because someone close to me wanted me to join with them, and now they are losing interest. How do I encourage them to not give up? I must admit I am not good at motivating people and I would like some ideas on how to approach the situation.

Replies

• teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started this because someone close to me wanted me to join with them, and now they are losing interest. How do I encourage them to not give up? I must admit I am not good at motivating people and I would like some ideas on how to approach the situation.

You need to sit down with your friend and go back and make them explain to you their reason WHY. Why did they even decide to lose weight in the first place? I have lost 48lbs and everyday I wake up @ 5:00am because of my reason why: My Wife and Son. I choose to be healthy because my son will need his father. I cannot make excuses for him because if I do, I will end up teaching him that quitting is ok. I cannot tell him that I am too tired when he wants to play. I cannot tell my wife that I am too tired to be a good husband for her. I cannot afford to allow myself to become unhealthy and sick so that one day my wife will have the burden of having to take care of me because I refused to take care of myself. FIND THEIR REASON WHY and they will never look back.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

You need to sit down with your friend and go back and make them explain to you their reason WHY. Why did they even decide to lose weight in the first place? I have lost 48lbs and everyday I wake up @ 5:00am because of my reason why: My Wife and Son. I choose to be healthy because my son will need his father. I cannot make excuses for him because if I do, I will end up teaching him that quitting is ok. I cannot tell him that I am too tired when he wants to play. I cannot tell my wife that I am too tired to be a good husband for her. I cannot afford to allow myself to become unhealthy and sick so that one day my wife will have the burdeni of having to take care of me because I refused to take care of myself. FIND THEIR REASON WHY and they will never look back.

Well said