Replies

• PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    cone.gif
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think anyone that comes this forum and tries to be funny should be shot. With bacon.
    swtT8.jpg
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I demand a refund!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I've never even gotten a damn warning. I feel so unloved.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel and therefore should not be enjoyed.

Humor fuels the brain...we probably shouldn't enjoy that either.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Would you like help with that? I can support you and be funny about it....oh wait..NEVERMIND
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Laughter burns calories and stress kills...take away the fun and I may as well be working <ugh>
  • Run4Health66
    Options
    Fun is over rated. :ohwell:
  • myers0machine
    Options
    For far too long, players of games have tended to describe games they like as fun. This may not strike you immediately as a huge problem. “What’s wrong with fun?” I can hear people saying. Answer: Nothing, necessarily. There are many many things in the world that are fun, and for a thing to be fun is completely acceptable and a fine thing to desire. I know I’m treading on thin ice here, as there’s certainly credible arguments to be made about how rehabilitating the term “fun” is desperately needed. So be it – quite frankly I agree.

However, the derivative nature of describing games as “fun”, or using questions like “how fun is this game?”, ultimately hurts the quality of future games. Not only does it maintain the societal discourse wherein games are perceived as adolescent (because criticism is patently useless) but it also severely hampers the ability of games to do more than entertain. I, however, think that games ought to be about more than fun, or fleeting pleasure. Rather, as they hold the potential to open us up to a myriad of experiences, we ought to value games as connecting us in these wide-ranging possibilities. In other words, fun is only one of multiple ways for us to experience games, and should not be used as a way to overdetermine the entire experience.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    For far too long, players of games have tended to describe games they like as fun. This may not strike you immediately as a huge problem. “What’s wrong with fun?” I can hear people saying. Answer: Nothing, necessarily. There are many many things in the world that are fun, and for a thing to be fun is completely acceptable and a fine thing to desire. I know I’m treading on thin ice here, as there’s certainly credible arguments to be made about how rehabilitating the term “fun” is desperately needed. So be it – quite frankly I agree.

However, the derivative nature of describing games as “fun”, or using questions like “how fun is this game?”, ultimately hurts the quality of future games. Not only does it maintain the societal discourse wherein games are perceived as adolescent (because criticism is patently useless) but it also severely hampers the ability of games to do more than entertain. I, however, think that games ought to be about more than fun, or fleeting pleasure. Rather, as they hold the potential to open us up to a myriad of experiences, we ought to value games as connecting us in these wide-ranging possibilities. In other words, fun is only one of multiple ways for us to experience games, and should not be used as a way to overdetermine the entire experience.

TL;DR
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You can spice up boring threads by reading them in funny accents.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    anybody else tired of the "popcorn memes"?
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I think anyone that comes this forum and tries to be funny should be shot. With bacon.

Say ahhhhhhhhh :yawn:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

I have :smile: And I'm an angel!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

TL;DR

made my eyes cross
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

TL;DR

made my eyes cross

I did as Apature_Science suggested and I had a blast!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    You can spice up boring threads by reading them in funny accents.

Well, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the afternoon!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    What a happy thread!

Not very supportive! REPORTED!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Are you smart?
    Do you have helpful feedback to offer?
    Do you offer said feedback while maintaining a sense of humor?
    Do you speak sarcasm (that's my Love Language)?

If so, then please MOOve along. We don't want your kind here.

jersey_cow_350x350.jpg
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

TL;DR

made my eyes cross

What they said.