How do you deal with your cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I only get cravings after my evening workouts (which is 5 nights/week). When I get home from the gym, I'm soooo hungry. I eat a small, healthy meal first and then give myself a treat. If I'm craving sweets, it's usually low fat vanilla ice cream. I just eat 1/2 cup (one serving) very slow and totally enjoy it. Sometimes I crave something savory rather than sweet, so I go for a serving of baked crackers and reduced fat cheese, or air-popped popcorn. Then I'm good for the night. If I don't give in to my cravings, I'll want it all the more, and will definitely overeat. And I figure if I'm making lifelong changes, I need to "practice" incorporating treats into my meals.
  • rnin1207
    rnin1207 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's awesome Elle! Are you exercising?
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    -Firstly I try and keep sweets and stuff out of the hosue, no more baking big bathces of cupcakes and stuff, though because I live with other people that is hard, sometimes they'll buy nice stuff being well-meaning! ><

- If I'm just craving something generally sweet, I try some cordial, my fave is cherries&berries or vimto :3

- If that doesn't work, I go on here, add what I would have if I gave in and see what it does to my totals. If it doesn't actually put that big a dent in them, then I'll allow myself :)

- I find other stuff that's healthier and get hooked on that! Right now watermelon and dried mango are my special treats of choice, I see mango as equal to chocolate some days!! Both still a treat because they're fairly sugary, but healthy enough that I don't feel too bad.

- I also try and incorporate those cravings into a meal; like, I won't let myself just have a random choccy bar at 3pm, I'll either have it after lunch or after dinner, as a dessert. Then it feels like more of a element of a meal, rather than just a guilty treat.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I will think about it later. Sometimes I drink a big glass of Crystal Light, for just 10 calories. Then I think of something else to do. None of this would help me much if I was eating sugary or processed foods at all, ever.
  • akamisscrawford
    Options
    I understand your craving for sweets...... I now take the Gummi vitamins and Ca, it's like a little sweet treat in the mornings. You are doing a great job!!!! :drinker: Cheers!!!