A pretty good start

Options
Hello all, my name is Laura. I'm new to the message boards but not dieting. :laugh: who knew?!? My doctor recommended I start losing weight as I am a good candidate for diabetes...runs in my family. I don't want to live like that. I know I'm overweight, have been for awhile.

A friend of mine recommended this site and I signed up a little over 2 weeks ago. Honestly, I didn't come back right away after I signed up. It was well over a week:frown: I must admit. But I am committed to getting into shape and healthy again.

I fell off the wagon last Friday as I had 11, 5-6 year old girls at my house all night for a Daisy overnight campout in my backyard. We ate hot dogs, ate smores....that alone will keel your diet over. And then in the morning I ate about 3 Krispy Kreme donuts. :sick:

I'm hoping I can be motivated by others to continue to make good choices in foods and exercise. To maybe join a challenge would be good for me too, another motivation goal getter.

I would welcome any advice, motivation or whatever else anyone has to offer as I may have the same in return to you.

Happy Tuesday!
Laura :smile:

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a wonderful site to help you lose the weight. I couldn't have done it without it!!

Good luck!

You can add me if you would like : )
  • scrappingchick72
    Options
    Thank you Christine for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meeting new people and losing weight.