My Small NSV

Options
cindyhoyos
cindyhoyos Posts: 18 Member
I have a pair of jeans that had started to get super tight at the hips. You know, the kinda tight that tells you you're going to need a new pair of pants in a week? That was one of the reasons I joined MFP, I thought, "The next pair of jeans I buy will be a smaller size, I refuse to buy the next size up!" I'm currently size 20/22.

Well, this morning I slipped (yes, slipped-not tugged!) on my pair of jeans and found that not only are the fitting comfortably (without my sucking it all in), but I can also comfortably fit a finger between my waist and the waistband of the jeans!

Small NSV, but it's a start. And it has me looking forward to buying new jeans in the near future!

Replies

• jealous_loser
    Options
    Congrats! Some of my pants are starting to fall off my butt, ahahaha.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    That's no small NSV, that's HUGE in my book! Good job and just wait until you try on a size smaller. What a glorious feeling that is!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have been working hard to get into a pair of 16 jeans that I can could barely get past my knee, LOL!! But finally got them up my thighs still have to suck in a bit around the tummy but a few more inches I'm gonna be in them suckers!! Keep up the good work!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I've been shrinking myself and have noticed recently that I'm having to wear a belt with more and more of my pants. I'm holding out for another 10 lbs or so before I actually buy any more pants or shorts, though. But small NSV's are still victories, right? Keep up the good work.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is a great feeling!!
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV!!! I love it.....just did this last week or so and it felt sooooo great! You should be proud of yourself!! I am!! Congrats!! Blessings!! <><
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    That's Awesome! :) Great job!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    thats a great NSV!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that had started to get super tight at the hips. You know, the kinda tight that tells you you're going to need a new pair of pants in a week? That was one of the reasons I joined MFP, I thought, "The next pair of jeans I buy will be a smaller size, I refuse to buy the next size up!" I'm currently size 20/22.

Well, this morning I slipped (yes, slipped-not tugged!) on my pair of jeans and found that not only are the fitting comfortably (without my sucking it all in), but I can also comfortably fit a finger between my waist and the waistband of the jeans!

Small NSV, but it's a start. And it has me looking forward to buying new jeans in the near future!

Way to go! I am right there with you today. I put on a smaller size pair of jeans today!!! Back down a size.. started to buy one size up and I said... NOOO WAYYY I can't go down this path.. so now I got on MFP and I am back down a size.. Working on going down another.. but it sure feels good!

Again.. congrats ! Way to go!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I was in the same boat, refused to buy a larger size! As I got smaller I refused to buy new, with the way the weight was coming off I hated to waste money on something that would only fit for a few weeks. Imagine my surprise when I finally had to buy and went from size 20W to a regular 10. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!